Your Army's Theme Music

Sunwell

Ok, in another thread there lingers the thought about an HBO series on the Horus Heresy.

So tonight as I was listening to some tunes I was wondering what I would want to have as background music for my Iron Warriors army (if there was a series)

Just imagine the following scene: the Iron Warriors are just getting ready to assault a heavily guarded planet; outer planetary defenses have already been crippeled and the invasion is about to follow the orbital bombardment.

Waves of transports are entering various landing zones under heavy AA fire; IW CSM are establishing footholds and throwing themselves at the defenders like the soldiers on the beaches of Omaha (Savin Private Ryan), supportet by tanks and gunships. Terminators are deep striking behind enemy lines. In the background you see Titans providing super awesome support fire...

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

You can insert your own army for this kind of onslaught of course. As for my own imagination, I think that "Stupify" by Disturbed would be perfect to play in the background for such an invasion scene. Especially the break at 2:27 in the song would be perfect cut-in to see Perturabo emerge from his own landing vessel with his entourage to lead the assault personally on the ground. 

Anyways, theres my ideal backround music for my IWs in a planet wide invasion clip if there ever will be a series.

What's yours for your army?

PS. other contenders were " Think" by Drowning Pool, "Sun doesn't rise" by Mushroomhead and "Predisposed" by Il Nino

Every Khorne fan should listen to Slayer's Raining Blood. Because thrash is great.

Other than that ?

Helmet - Unsung

Pretty much everything from Turbonegro. Being subversive and all.

Maybe some Fear Factory for IW ?

That's most of the extreme music I'm listening to right now. I'm a lot in electro stuff and 80's pop bands at this moment, though.

For Iron Warriors attacking a planet? Hmm, I think "Collapse" by Adelita's Way could do the job nicely.

My personal army could be Riot by Three Days Grace, Bad Company by Five Finger Death Punch or..... I forgot what the last one was going to be.

Pre-game:

"You're Going Down" by Sick Puppies

"The Swarm" by Youmeatsix

"Get Out Alive" by Three Days Grace

Post-game (when I win):

"Greatest Man That Ever Lived" by Weezer

"Cult of Personality" by Living Colour

Post-game (if I lose):

"Never Again" by Disturbed

Pretty much covers it.

Ok, in another thread there lingers the thought about an HBO series on the Horus Heresy.

So tonight as I was listening to some tunes I was wondering what I would want to have as background music for my Iron Warriors army (if there was a series)

Just imagine the following scene: the Iron Warriors are just getting ready to assault a heavily guarded planet; outer planetary defenses have already been crippeled and the invasion is about to follow the orbital bombardment.

Waves of transports are entering various landing zones under heavy AA fire; IW CSM are establishing footholds and throwing themselves at the defenders like the soldiers on the beaches of Omaha (Savin Private Ryan), supportet by tanks and gunships. Terminators are deep striking behind enemy lines. In the background you see Titans providing super awesome support fire...

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

You can insert your own army for this kind of onslaught of course. As for my own imagination, I think that "Stupify" by Disturbed would be perfect to play in the background for such an invasion scene. Especially the break at 2:27 in the song would be perfect cut-in to see Perturabo emerge from his own landing vessel with his entourage to lead the assault personally on the ground. 

One would think "Ten Thousand Fists" would suit better ;)

For my Chaos Marine army - Black Fire Down Upon Us - Dethklok

For my Flesh Tearers - - Bloodlines - Dethklok

For my Dark Angels - - Final Fantasy 8 "The Extreme" Metal Remix - Nekofrog (by way of Nobou Uematsu)

And finally for my DIY Chapter - - The Gears - Dethklok (again laugh.png)

Pre-game: Someone's Gonna Die Tonight - Blitz

Game: War Ensemble - Slayer

Post-game: censored.gif All Over Your Hopes And Dreams - Blood 4 Blood

The All-Freddie Mercury Alternative:

Pre-game: We Will Rock You

Game: Don't Stop Me Now

Post-game: Fat Bottomed Girls

I feel that either of those would accurately represent my warband, depending on what mood the Warsmith was in at the time.

Don't fear the Reaper by Blue oyster cult

I always play this before my games, when i use my nurgle CSM or Nurgle theme Traitor Guard

Oh, and Veteran of the Psychic Wars for Tzeentch stuff ! Blue Öyster Cult is awesome.

World Eaters - Slayer's Raining Blood

Iron Warriors - Lionheart's The Will to Survive

Death Guard - Blood Stands Still's Fight Harder

Black Legion - Subzero's Suffer, Squeal, Burn

Night Lords - Unearth's Eyes of Black

Word Bearers - Bring Me The Horizon's Empire (Let Them Sing)

Alpha Legion -  xDeathstarx 's Fallen Sons

Thousand Sons - Deadlock's Kingdom of the Dead

Emperor's Children - Dr. Acula's The Party's Over

As for my own Astral Claws - anything by Earth Crisis or First Blood

For my Chaos, it would be The One They Fear from the Skyrim Soundtrack, Sons of War, Black Blade and False King by Two Steps from Hell.

If I ever get another character to go Daemon Prince...I'm playing Super Saiyan 3 Power up by Bruce Faulconer (the straight rip from the show-complete with Goku screaming)

For my Tau, it would be Invaders Must Die by Prodigy, Diamond Eyes by Shinedown, and Crash and Burn by Blues Traveler.

Lately I've been pecking away on and off on an engine heavy Black Legion / Dark Mechanicus Daemonforge list, following the Black Legion's supreme simian scientist, the warpsmith Mojo Jokaero, from whose malicious mutated mind has emerged a multitude of mighty mechanical monstrosities.

I listen to on shuffle when I tinker with the models. I feel the first song in particular, Atomic Ebonpyre, really captures the feel of a chaos forgeworld.

Great, now I'm going to hear:

"de de dinna dinna de de, circus

de de dinna dinna de de, afro

circus afro, circus afro

polka dot, polka dot, polka dot, afro..."

every time I think of Emperors Children.

Damn you Madagascar 3 (and Gaius Maximus), damn you to heck! :P

A rare piece of music and a way underestimated game but still the music is king. Dark, creepy, vocal, epic and powerful. A choir of any kind is a good start for 40k music. I envision my terminators ripping enemies limb by limb as they advance, wicked, cruel and pink. 

Dona eis requiem - Reward them with death!

Archived