Your Army's Theme Music

Sunwell

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/owZqM19USFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> 

The Legendary Golem remix from Pokemon for a heavy vehicle army of any kind. 

Thousand Sons list: Ten Thousand Fists - Disturbed

For my Black Legion... I'd have to say the Sinistral Battle Theme from the Lufia games...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5D0_q8Yp-Ek" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D0_q8Yp-Ek

• 3 weeks later...

For my Iron Warriors, I've gotta go with Bolt Thrower - Inside the Wire.

It just screams trench warfare, forests of barbed wire, relentless bombardment, slogging through mud and cracking strongholds. It's perfect.

I follow it up with:

Dimmu Borgir - Progenies of the Great Apocalypse (though probably better for Alpha/Black Legion)

Mushroomhead - 12 Hundred (basically: We're like this because of what you put us through)

Atreyu - Storm to Pass (Looks like we'll be doing this forever lads. Also for the opening line "Razorwire giftwraps the things we've done" ... very Iron Warriors)

Battlestar Galactica OST - Kara's Co-ordinates (the savagery of the initial invasion, followed by a period of grinding forward and building their own fortifications under a gradually increasing storm of artillery, finishing with the final crescendo of obliterating the enemy stronghold)

Bullet For My Valentine - Scream, Aim, Fire (storming the breach)

Some good choices here. Looking at things from a cinematic point of view I could see

playing as the credits start rolling for a Huron Blackheart heavy episode HBO's "There is Only War". But for scenes during the episode it's always best to go with something instrumental...

" does a good job, for me at least, of painting a scene. Imagine if you will a member of the Red Corsairs leaving his quarters and making his way through the bowls of his ship. Slaves and serfs dragging loot through the corridors, fellow corsairs preparing for battle or going about their business, the ship a hive of activity before a raid. As the drop hits around 2 minutes in our character walks out onto the embarkation deck and scene opens up again. Dreadclaws, Helltalons and Hellblades, Thunderhawks all moving into position. And then for a moment he catches a glimpse of the world below, blue and green, rotating slowly miles below, completely unsuspecting of the hell that is about to descend upon it. 

Not sure why, the music just speaks of a raiding party to me. This isn't the organised, deliberate assault of a chapter or a legion. These are pirates, come for plunder. Contrast this with the much more organise prep-work and assault of the Astral Claws with

For my Iron Warriors it's "Indestructibe" by Disturbed and "Iron Head" by Rob Zombie. Although the lyrics of Indestructible seems to fit the Iron Warriors better.

The release of the 'Balance and Ruin' remix album (linky), and the upcoming release of the remastered official orchestra album, has me on a big ff6 kick, replaying the gaming and listening to music from it & remixes thereof. The following isn't from Balance & Ruin, but it is one of my favorite remixes of an FF6 song (with a bit of FF7 thrown in), and it struck me as a great fit for a Chaos Marines, particularly Word Bearers or Emperor's Children:

'Prancing Dad' by Prince of Darkness.

[video=youtube]

I've had serious problems trying to find an appropriate track for my Doomseekers.

When I was playing Dark Eldar, Atreyu - Ravenous was spot-on PERFECT. Doesn't quite fit my Khorne-worshipping zealots though.

I do have a soft spot for Dethklok - Go Forth and Die. And Holst's Mars, the Bringer of War. I just haven't heard anything yet that's leapt out at me the way that Atreyu song did for my Deldar.

Ah well.

Od.

Soundtracks of the Doomgivers:

You Die or I Do/I Will Find Him by Hans Zimmer (Man of Steel soundtrack)

Launch/This is Clark Kent by Hans Zimmer (Man of Steel soundtrack)

Vespertilio by Hans Zimmer (Batman Begins soundtrack)

Tadaria by Hans Zimmer (Batman Begins soundtrack)

Antrozous/Molossus by Hans Zimmer (Batman Begins soundtrack)

Aggressive Expansion by Hans Zimmer (Batman The Dark Knight Soundtrack)

A Watchful Guardian by Hans Zimmer ( Batman The Dark Knight Soundtrack)

Foreshadow (James Iha remix) from Halo 4 Remixes

Choke by Hybrid

Soundtracks for Chaos naval engagements:

The Kraken from Pirates 3 soundtrack

and i feel like "I love Skrillex" is for the Night Lords haha

Now that I'm restarting my Morbid Progeny, I feel I should add one more song to my previous list, to represent my very own renegades. Slipknot - New Abortion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwOk0tZgolly geeQ

Not that the song perfectly reflects my guys, but because it's where I got their name from. Yup, stole it right out of the song. Bad me. But it just sounded so ... perfect.

"What is this? It's like a big conspiracy, fields of dejected morbid progeny"

Considering the main part of their fluff is that they are not only all mutants, but that they go out of their way to ONLY recruit other mutants and abhumans. I wrote them up as a Lost and the Damned list back in the day, so it was very mutant/traitor heavy. I reasoned that the traitors were pretty much just cosmetically deformed, which was obscured by their coats and gasmasks (I was using Steel Legion). Morbid Progeny as a warband name works very nicely to instill the image that something is very wrong with them.

Soundtracks of the Doomgivers...

Your renegades are called Doomgivers? Mine are Doomseekers! We should totally fight.

...are you the Gatekeeper? O_O (10 points for the reference)

Od.

My noise marines I think something along the lines of Renegades of Funk by Rage Against the Machine or Diamond and Guns by Transplants or maybe some Industrial Rock like Powerman 5000. My Berzerkers Where Eagles Dare by Misfits and a lot of hard core punk music.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In a deep dark disgusting lair, amid the rotting carcasses and feaces, the cult of nurgleth chant and dance to ed rush and optical: bacteria

Play with the bass set to max...

drop is at 1:25

or, a slower disease setting in:

or

Archived