Favourite Dark angel successors

wilks

seeing as I think I'm the only person on these boards that (still) collects/paints Angels of Vigilance, I'll put my bid in for them.

I initially chose them to get away from all the dark colors that seemed to be common with the known successors at the time (this was before 4th edition codex came out so the chapters Consecrators, Desciples and Sons of Caliban weren't known by then - though they also all get variations of the Darker colors ;)). Angels of Absolution aren't dark ofcourse but were basically just Deathwing in power armor for me at the time.

The yellow was also a new challenge for my painting skills.

I've adjusted the color scheme, as far as it was known / official anyway, to include more 'black' but remain dominant in yellow. This to more easily make them look 'darker' and tie them in with the Dark Angels instead of Imperial Fists... I've also gone with a more sand/bone colored (less vibrant) yellow by mixing in more browns.

Background wise, the Angels of Vigilant are a tough one to crack I guess. Up till now they still remain a rumoured Dark Angels 2nd foundation chapter, the word 'Unforgiven' has never been mentioned with them. There is also very little known about them except a few 'weird' things about their behaviour, they're based on a planet/orbital station around a planet that was ... let's say 'cleansed' by the Dark Angels while disobeying orders. They seem to like fighting Chaos Marines, well they are situated near the Eye of Terror so that makes sence I suppose. They also bring the fight to the Eye of Terror when it is calm enough to enter. They always leave a full company behind to guard/defend/only the Emperor knows on their base (and a full company is alot of Marines to be garrisoned somewhere when typically a combat squad is enough to keep an entire planet in check...).

Either way all these tidbits of information that don't really connect to each other + their name + their symbol leaves alot of room for your imagination to go wild. + When the new and improved Space Marine codex comes out and turns out to be 5th edition all over again (greenwing being more expensive and worse than codex) you can always go with the codex and say you've got nothing to do with the Dark Angels ;)

Archived