From the Outer Edges of oblivion itself

Vazzy

They came out of the dark depths of space, gray hulls bristling with void vanes and point defense turrets. A lifetime of war had taken its toll upon the great vessel, its scorched and chipped hull telling of a million engagements over a million worlds. Emblazoned upon the side was the word "Nicor" superimposed over an image of a snarling denizen of ancient terras depths. As it skimmed through the emptiness of space towards tranquility's only defense platform, a forward lance demolished the station in an almost contemptuous shot. Heedless of the hundred souls just ended aboard Gamma-3gt4F, the Nicor steamed through the wreckage toward the arid world of Tranquility 7. As the nicer entered high orbit, it's bulk blotted out the sun, creating a twilight over tranquility. The people fell silent as the normally busy box screeched, then was cut off, replaced by a deep snarling voice.

"Citizens of Tranquility Seven, your masters have foolishly turned their faces from the Light of the Emperor, blessed is his name. Such Heresy begets Retribution," Tyberos the Red Wake sneered as he twisted his helm with a hiss, "And We have come for you…"

So, I've started Carcharadons. Wish me luck.

Tai Mataki by vazzy2012, on Flickr

Sergeant Mataki dodged the expert sword thrust from the Astral Claw retaliator, and followed up with two swings of his revving Axe, forcing the Traitor to give ground. The Astral Claw snarled and came at Mataki again, chainsword purring hungrily as it sliced empty air. Mataki knew his squad needed to push on to the generator but he was enjoying himself in the thick of combat. The Astral Claw had the all the markers befit a veteran but he did not expect Tai to step into the swing and hook his combat shield with the Chain axe, ripping it away. With a muffled growl Mataki kicked the stunned marine and drove him to the ground, taking a hand in the process. Despite this, the damn bastard still  fought, the chainsword tearing great chunks out of the M IV plate the Sergeant wore. Eventually though, the marine slipped in the gore splatterd ground of the hive and Mataki rammed his screaming chainaxe into the Cuirass of the silver marine, showering the Carcharadon in a deluge of thick crimson Vitae. With a growl, the space marine ripped the Corvus helm from the traitors head and attached it on his belt next to the Lamenter and Mantis warrior helmets already there. 
"Another traitor dead and gone." he snarled, before marching with the rest of Primus squad towards the hab quarters. Tai wondered if the civilians had chosen to flee, and smiled.

Untitled by vazzy2012, on Flickr

the nicor by vazzy2012, on Flickr

"Epistolary Renzo Calyen was the one of the highest ranking members of the Librarius department in the Badab system. Calyen was often referred to as the "Soul Flayer" due to his tendency to brutally lobotomize his enemies in combat, leaving them brain dead and in a vegetative state. Calyen is considered one of the most brutal members of the chapter, and one of the rare few who also refuses to wear a helmet. Calyen is rumored to eat enemy dead, and is also subtly nicknamed the Flesh eater. While this may same heretical to to the average imperial citizen, Calyen has been heard to argue that it helps him learn and adapyt to the enemy. This subject believes this statement to be false, and believes Calyen to simply be a barbaric warrior of the Adeptus Astartes." 

_Classified Inquisitorial investigation file OO-9/45/BDB/CRCHDNS/462RUE

looking good!

only criticism would be the crooked looking weapon of the first marine (guess it's a combi weapon) and that the second bolter guy is looking like he's presenting the gun to someone instead of aiming it.

just my 2 flayed skulls

looking good!

only criticism would be the crooked looking weapon of the first marine (guess it's a combi weapon) and that the second bolter guy is looking like he's presenting the gun to someone instead of aiming it.

just my 2 flayed skulls

Thanks Wicced, I didn't realize that until I took the picture. Stupid mistake to be honest. And Yeah guy two does look like that, but only from that angle, I think. I'll post another angle tonight. 

Whats the opinion on the armor color itself?

Thanks Wicced, I didn't realize that until I took the picture. Stupid mistake to be honest. And Yeah guy two does look like that, but only from that angle, I think. I'll post another angle tonight. 

Whats the opinion on the armor color itself?

i like it very much, especially the slightly gritty look.

Tanks Wicced, I hope to have pictures of the Predator up tonight at the latest. I'm  really hoping my transfers come in soon so I can actually "finish" them.

I think that your armor color is pretty much spot on.  Are you planning on adding any chipping or other battle damage or weathering to the infantry?  Did you order any chain axes from Forge World when you ordered your transfer sheet?  They look particularly brutal and fitting in the hands of these deadly killers.

I didn't order any Chainaxes, mostly because I got the transfers through resin forge store. How would you go about doing the battle damage? I'm very leery of attempting it and messing up the model.

I didn't order any Chainaxes, mostly because I got the transfers through resin forge store. How would you go about doing the battle damage? I'm very leery of attempting it and messing up the model.

I did chipping on my Sharks by taking a piece of blister pack foam and ripping a little chunk off it.  I then clamped the tiny foam bit in a pair of hemostat forceps (think locking tweezers) and dipping it in a little bit of Charodon Granite paint.  Dab the foam on a paper plate to get the excess paint off and then dab the nearly dry foam on the miniature till it looks good to you.  PM me if you have any more questions, I'll try to help as best I can.

So, I've got a lot done in my absence, sort of I guess...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7283/8740637686_245bdaaebe_c.jpg

I present Twins Malakai and Argu. 

"Tai!" Malakai bellowed in anger, "The damn Guard are moving up the flank!"

Sergeant Mataki growled in frustration as his flamer scorched the screaming traitors, driving off another wave of the "Tyrant's Legion". Beside him, Dimitri losed a volley of bolter fire into the humans. He quickly swapped magazines and fired another short bust before being forced back into cover by the hail of las fire. 

"Tai..." he rumbled, "We need to move, the Remoras report heavy armor advancing Calyen has pulled them back."

Mataki spun as a Commissar attempted to climb the barricade the marines were sheltering behind. 

The human screamed in agony as Tai ripped off an arm and battered him over the head, splattering the granite armor in red. and obliterated the moaning body with a long burst of bolter fire. He noticed that upon the shoulder were the numerals LXII, and shrugged, as the numbers had little meaning to him, heretics were heretics. Morale shattered the legion attempted to retreat, only to be met by the fists and blades of the squad of Retaliator squad sent to support them. Within a minute the humans had been completely massacred and the Retaliators marched forward. Tai grinned and ordered a charge, Chainaxe screaming for blood...."

Had a 250 Killteam game. I ran my sharks and my opponent ran Tyrants guard. It was a slaughter fest, as his men ran themselves onto my Sharks. I have a 500 pt game tomorrow. And yes, my friend blatantly ripped his unit background from Heathens thread.

C&C always welcome as are opinions on background info...

They look really good Vazzy.  The chipping on the armor looks spot on too.  I also like the blood splatter on the chain blade bayonet.  I would recommend using either a little gloss varnish over the red or Tamiya paint's "clear red."  You could also mix the GW red with some of their Lahmian medium to get a glossy effect I believe.  Someone else can chime in here on the GW paints as I haven't used them in a couple of years.  I switched to Vallejo and have never looked back.

They look really good Vazzy.  The chipping on the armor looks spot on too.  I also like the blood splatter on the chain blade bayonet.  I would recommend using either a little gloss varnish over the red or Tamiya paint's "clear red."  You could also mix the GW red with some of their Lahmian medium to get a glossy effect I believe.  Someone else can chime in here on the GW paints as I haven't used them in a couple of years.  I switched to Vallejo and have never looked back.

Thanks Mikhail! I put some gloss on after the picture taking. What was your opinion on the background?

Nah, the Lahmian Medium will just give it a matte appearance. If you simply paint 'Ardcoat over what you want, it will give it a gloss sheen.

Vazzy, really liking the Space Sharks' appearance and your story so far! Battle damage looks very nicely done.

Thanks Guys. I'm hopefully gonna finish up the mark V armor set tonight. 

Incase anyone was wondering, the Remora are an elite unit of washed out aspirants. My reasoning behind this is as a Nomad Predation chapter, actual scouts are very, very important, so the Remora fill the high risk missions to protect the future of the chapter. Being a Remora is like a step down from Astartes in my universe.

@Heathens, I may have to make a throw away character to be killed by one of them... I'll do the LXII proud. Though you thrice damned traitors will lie dead beneath my boots by the end.

Sooo, I haven't finished up my MK V yet. My lovely girlfriend bought me a command squad and I got distracted...

Zarren Keroko by vazzy2012, on Flickr

Hive Dominar burned around Squad Dhagon as they moved through the rubble strewn hive. Sergeant Zarren Keroko grimaced as he sucked in the scorching air that had filled the air since planetfall. The elite Stern guard team had been assigned to hunt down one of the many Retaliator squads operating in the city, and they had finally cornered the last one in the Sewers. Zarren had already lost Brothers Heru, Aruen, Dragomir, and Gorut to a pair of the traitors who had died back to back, refusing to go quietly. Heru had been atomised by a multi melta shot, and Dragomir had disappeared in the fog of War. The other two had entered the Red Dream and had been left in the care of the Apothecary. 
"Warp cursed traitors." He murmured, "I hope the  Oblivion takes their souls."

​The remainder of Dhagon surrounded the man hole they'd seen the Claw dive into, and tossed in a frag grenade, who blew up a burst of water but nothing more. None of Dhagon desired to enter the tunnels, but enter they did, the grey-black sludge reaching mid thigh. 

"Clea-" Toris began to say before a hulking form in shining steel and sky blue exploded out of the depths, Chainaxe screaming as it chewed through the Carcharadon's throat.Within Seconds the Astral Claw was in among the squad, hacking and slashing at armor, taking off Boru's arm at the elbow and hamstringing Marcus. Zarren tackled the traitor, and hammered his fist into the faceplate, shattering the emerald lenses and exposing the maniac glare beneath them. The Retaliator slammed his own fists into the Sergeants breastplate cracking the ceramite. The two marines Grappled and smashed, both evenly matched until the Astral Claw managed to unload half a bolt pistol magazine into an opening in Keroko's chest. The Veteran Sergeant roared and agony and collapsed to his knees, blood pouring from his shattered chest. His squad lying incapacitated around him, the Carcharadon steeled himself for the final blow, only to hear the buzzsaw scream of a stormbolter that ripped apart his enemy. Zarren saw Dragomir standing above him, Helmet shattered and scratched, right hand missing, but still operational. The Retaliators had been dealt with and finally, Zarren relaxed.

I am desperately, desperately enjoying how your fluff is blending with mine, especially considering it's from the opposite side of the conflict.

Retaliators Desba and Cheyavo died well, loyal brothers til death; Auric died like the bastard I expected him to be, which is awesome.

Side note: I never got a chance to write it yet, but Retaliator Maerik enjoys pitching barely-alive and captured foes off of battlements and cliff walls, or drowning the wounded at the end of battles. He had a very, very bad reputation by war's end, and was warranted for death by nearly every chapter partaking in the Badab Tyrranicide. Please blend that in.

Feel free to brutalize the Lamenter Orphan anyway you'd like. I never really had a good idea what to do with him yet.

Carry on killing my boys. My morbid curiousity is piqued.

I'm glad you like it haha. I have a bad feeling a Remora squad may run foul of Maerik and be tossed out of windows...

And the Lamenter, ohh, he's going to meet an end worthy of his chapter.

Is it just me who wants to hear something about Veteran-Sergeant Sloan's squad in your fluff? ;)

I'm really liking these guys - mostly for the links to Heathen's Astral Claws, and partly because of the Mk.V plate :lol:

Keep it up!

Been awhile gents, no real paint progress since last time, and sadly no fluff background tonight just Some WIP

Strike Leader Mikhail

Brother Cadmus by vazzy2012, on Flickr

Brother Cadmus

tyberos by vazzy2012, on Flickr

The Big man himself Tyberos the Red Wake
Veteran brother Ezra carrying a Nicor pattern Heavy flamer(Member of squad Dhagon) 

So, Opinions on the models, I know Ezra definitely needs clean up and some GS

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Tyberos

My WIP stormraven. I need a good name though, having a hard time. I liked Herald of Death but I'm not 100% on it. 

Opinon critique, as usual

The Carcharodons speak an ancient dialect of High Gothic, which clashes wonderfully with their internal culture. Personally, I'd create a poetic sounding title, and convert it to Latin.

Archived