Dark Eldar as Allies

Xin Ceithan

so, I like the models and still have some lying around from a bits frenzy and came to think why shouldn't I use those as allies. They are easy to integrate fluff wise (use the opportunity for some havoc and slave snatching) but people in my area don't field them.

with 6th edition being so shooty, I'd go

A. Cabal warriors with lots of toxic shooty bits

B homunculus heavy with brutes and tortures

I reckon fast small anti grav is a nice addition to my foot slogging marines. Maybe some flyers to complement the hell drake?

Has anyone some experience with DE as allies or opponents ? any suggestions are appreciated.

I might be tempted to field a Reaver Jetbike or Hellion host as a DE ally. They are in line with the depravity of my Emperor's Children and the Desperate Allies is fitting. While I know that as soon as the common enemy is defeated they will turn upon me they are risking their very souls in crossing the Emperor's Children. 

In fact I love the Hellion, Scourge and Jetbike models and the Baron HQ would be a fun thing in my book. The problem is that they are severely competing with other stuff that can be quick and do nasty things in melee like Daemonettes and the Fiends.

I would personally prefer taking Venoms and with warriors or maybe haywire grenade witches in them. For the mass poison shots. Ravager is also nice for some anti tank. 

Then again it would all depend on what you plan on playing with your csm. 

If you play a PA horde I don´t see the synergy with venoms etc. Yes the fast moving elements may seem nice in transports, however you would be throwing easy first bloods at your opponent and wouldn´t have the armor saturation to compensate. 

Baron with a beast pack, Venoms, and Ravagers are all great units.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't take Venoms or Ravagers as allies unless you have a lot of other armor in your army. Otherwise they will be focused on and destroyed.

Baron with Beasts could be a decent addition though, that is a nasty unit. But, I think you can get similar use out of Daemons.. and they are battle bros

Grimoired flesh hounds are better than beastpacks, in fact grimoired anything brings great utility, one of the blogs I follow was talking about the screamer death star this morning, on paper its the ultimate tar pit with a 2++ rerollable, I may try it for the lols when I'm bored with flesh hounds.

ive fielded them as allies before and damn. if you can get the set up right they are awesome, id recommend a venom loaded with true born and splinter cannons. the shear amount of poisoned shoots that thing will kick out is insane. took down 2 carnifexes  with that one unit last time i played against nids

Thank you for your insights. so in conclusion DE seem fun on their own but sub par choice for CSM as allies. I' probably go the way of the allied demonor the renegades from the Vraks lists then

In the old fluff DE were basically Eldar Slaanesh cultists.  Would have made great Battle-Brothers for Emperor's Children, but then we'd have to specify CSM allies out by chapter, and no one would ever do something so tedious... oh wait, they basically do for like half the marine chapters.

Eh, I could see a bit being useful for monstrous creature hunting if you have alot of tyranids or daemons in your local meta, but overall I dont think its worth it, even for chaos players.

Archived