What I cannot conquer with words I will destroy with my fist

Vlemix

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums but always have a good look at other peoples models - I'm nosey like that.

I've recently started a SoH heresy army and took an age to decide on a colour that I was happy with...

As a precursor to uploading a pic of my army, here is a taster "test" for peoples comments/critique.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7441/8720471868_b5d9902a61.jpg
soh by SultanGrayus, on Flickr

Let me know what you think guys and if I can improve anything (or everything).

I really like the shade of green you've got there. Id like to start a SoH army, but can't seem to find a green I'm happy with myself. What paints/colours did you use?

Keep up the good work though, can't wait to see more.

Thanks longfang, after taking ages and going through literally 20 different colour schemes i finally settled for...

1) black undercoat

2) 2 thin coats of Vallejo Panzer aces German tank crew

3) watered down wash of nuln oil

4) panel painting with german tank crew once more

I'm not big on mixing colours as I like to be consistent and came across this colour more in luck than anything!

Here is what is in the pipeline...

First my praetor/centurion Harkor Vlemix, literally has been base coated before any washes so very much WIP

IMG_20130508_173457.jpg

a poor quality shot of my first tactical squad, minus weapons (phobos bolters on order) and yet to have bases finished

IMG_20130508_173656.jpg7

I also have 5 more MKIV tacticals undercoated, 5 more MKIV and arriving any day now along with my contemptors arms... a land raider and most recently ordered a deimos pattern predator...

Great start and I love the green, Vallejo Panzer aces German tank crew seems to be a popular choice for SoH and I see why :)

If I should give you any advice on what could improve your models it'd be the eye lenses, if you do the classic gem effect on them they will really pop nicely and it will lift the miniatures a lot :)

Keep up the good work man :D

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking SoH ^_^  That shade of green is exactly how I imagined them when I read Horus rising ^_^

cheers all :)

receiving my large FW order this week which should be...

proteus land raider, deimos pattern pred, tartaros terms, 10 assault marines, mkiv shoulder pads and phobos axe and bolt pistol set. (i think thats it!) and also my airbrush and compressor... looking forward to it :)

Archived