what should I buy next mk. 2- Ravenwing edition

Tiger9gamer

So, I did this once before and I got a lot of feedback, so why not do this again with non-forgeworld thing? I got 50$ burning in my pocket from some recent events, so I want to spend it wisely!

now, I'm going to get Samuel eventually, so I have to thing about what else I should get. right now, my choices are:

-1 box of the RW command squad for banners and stuff. Gotta get two boxes, but for now I only need one for a small list I'm doing.

-1 Darkshroud speeder for cover saves

-Ordering enough bits to make a librarian and chaplain on bikes (about 30$)

-Save my money to get one more biker box or to buy two boxes of black knights.

so, what do you think I should get next?

The question should be asked, "What you have and what is your endgame?"  I started out with Sam (on Sableclaw) so troops were my first priority, next is:

DarkShroud.  The model is a pig but the usefulness is extreme...  I've proxied it and it is next on my list because only Tau and "ignore cover" templates can negate it, Also, I can scare up the coin for boxes of Black Knights easier than the coin for the supa speeda.

Last is 4-5 boxes of Black Knights.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/fred40k2002/The%20Ravenwing/DSCN9705.jpg

oh whoops! what I have so far is two complete RW squadrons with 6 bikers, 2 typhoons and 2 attack bikes. No sammuel yet, but azreal is a nice captain so far. I will get sammy soon, but for now I'm using azreal in a banner of devastation list. 

i dont know if this'll help you out or not, but this is my biker list, which has had a stellar record so far, apart from a loss against daemons (first time i ever played vs those, so it was a given) and all-foot guard list that had 3 punisher russ' (those suckers can lay the hurt!)

1750pts

Sammael on jetbike

Librarian on a bike, lvl 2 psyker (usually divination for prescience and the one that lets you roll 3 dice for reserves, outflank, etc.)

command squad with ravenwing banner (autopassing Hit&Run tests is very handy), apothecary, champion, grenage launcher, and a 4th biker.

2 6-biker units with 2 meltaguns each, the sergeants have meltabombs, a melta attack bike, and a typhoon speeder.

1 6-biker unit with 2 plasma guns, a melta attack bike, and a typhoon speeder.

6 black knights with 2 grenade launchers, huntmaster has a power maul.

i liked the idea of sam on his speeder, what with it being armour 14 and having a 4+ invul save, but the fact its still only 2 HP and he loses his awesome 4/5 attacks with an AP2 sword are some big drawbacks to me.

Alright, thanks for the thing! but I think that I have to buy sammuel today, but I'm still wondering about either the command squad or the dark shroud.... I really wish this site had a poll. 

Whatever you do, remember that the purpose of the Ravenwing is to DROP THE EMPEROR'S BEAT ON THE HERETICS. So, build accordingly in order to DROP IT.

Don't forget to page Brother Tiesto. biggrin.png

As to what to get, I would do Librarian and Chaplain on bikes. They look like a fun project to do!

I suggest getting the black knight box next. You'll be able to try out the Ravenwing's most elite unit and have a bunch of fancy parts to use in your HQ conversions.

Other than they will die horribly..   Good Idea.  Try them out and see if they are going to work for your playstyle...   I've been proxying three for several games now and am very sure I am getting both BKs and the Darkshroud..  Darkshroud is just first for me...   Ordering now in fact...

If there are tau players around the dark shroud won't help much.

The knights and command squad are nice, though with my past few games, the command squad hasn't been doing much, but I haven't played with the new expanded squad size.that should improve them adequately.

Archived