Ravenwing Support Squadrons

Blank05

Greetings, my Unforgiven Brothers, Blank here and lately I have had the misfortune of not being able to play many games in the last few weeks, so I have been taken a new hobby with reading Battle Reports.

I've been noticing that, outside of pure DW/GW armies, RSS are being taken quite often. Now this topic is to be slightly hypothetical, in that I'm assuming specific perameters.

Given that you have some or all of your Fast Attack slots available, how would you take your speeders? Fill them up? or take them individually for more flexibitly/mobility? I ask because I intend on purchasing a few speeders soon and am curious as to best utilize them.

My situation is I have two Fast Attack slots open and am curious as to whether I should take two individual speeders or take two in one slot or one and two or three in one, etc. My list is of the mixed wing variety with my main staple being DW troops/ RW back up/ and GW Heavy Support.

So what thoughts have ye?

Well there are Pro's & Con's to the singular or plural RSS.

Running multiple Speeders as separate Squadrons forces the OP to target everything separately, you can also target a separate target per speeder.. Running multiple Speeders as one Squadron allows the OP to target all Speeders with the same unit/tank/flyer/etc, and you are forced to target only one unit/tank/target with all of the speeders in the squadron.

Individual speeders per Squadron require separate reserve rolls. Multiple speeders in one squadron only require one reserve roll.

Depending on your # of FA slots I would prefer to field one individual speeder per RSS, and work them as a team.

I like to take typhoons w/ HB in 2x2. This gives them a solid amount of fire power, while keeping the squad small enough to still use cover. The last FA slot is reserved for the dark shroud.

Archived