Unusual / Unique Unforgiven Colour Schemes

captain sox

Hi Folks,

I'm having some serious issues deciding on a colour scheme for my Unforgiven army. I've flip flopped so many times, bought so many paints and have painted / stripped a lot of models (including all the work I did for the Path to Redemption).

I want to do something unique or unusual for my army. I've done everything from Blue Marines, to all bone, to half and half schemes.

I just can't seem to find something I like. I do enjoy painting, and I find I'm getting quite good at it...

Have any of you seen, painted or know of any strange, unique and neat colours for DA (or any other Chapters). Im trying to keep the palette similar to DA (greens, black and bone) and I was thinking maybe a teal or blueish green.

Let me know what you've come across. I'll paint of something and post it later tonight or tomorrow.

thanks

Since you mentioned a Teal or Blueish Green, I use Temple Guard Blue for the face plate markings and Moot Green for eyes and highlights on my Ophidians. Adds, what I feel, is a unique twist on the Disciples of Caliban type color scheme. I'm considering a Bone shade chest eagle or some such on my Terminators. Hope my mediocre paint job gives you some ideas.

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg543/Mystech1/Models/P0000400.jpg

I went for very dark (almost classic) by highlighting up the black to green this time around (I've already got enough in original black and new green). It makes for a very quick paint job to get right.

If you want properly different, there's some red DA on here that I saw a short while ago, I'm sure that someone will remember better than me and provide a link.

Arkley's beautifuly painted blood red Blades of Altena are DA Successors that have a pretty unique visual.  I think my Stoneburners are pretty unique.  XKhalilX is working on coming up with a really unique scheme, IMO.  PhillyT's Dawnbringers are a unique take on the Unforgiven as well.  The Night Watch as shown by Spaced Hulk also have a very unique appearance and even advancement scheme (coloration in reverse almost).  Even the Successors noted in the Codex can all be made somewhat unique through markings, altered highlight colors, differences in how you paint adornments, and the like.  For instance, everyone doesn't paint the Guardians of the Covenant in the same way on this very board, and we have several painted (facmanpob and Oceangrave are both good examples).

If I might make a suggestion, take a look at the Successors of other Chapters, but swap their colors out for the Unforgiven palette.  For instance, the depiction of the Mentors chapter would look nice with the pure white swapped out for bone white.  A Silver Skulls-esque visual might be neat, with the bright silver swapped out for bone, but retain the dark iron colored armor (similar to the Guardians of the Covenant).  Something that would call to mind the Angels of Absolution would be to do a Praetors of Orpheus style armor panoply, with the white swapped for bone and the blue swapped for DA green, black or red.  I think a scheme based on the Flesh Tearers could be really cool, with the deep red swapped out for DA green and a bone chest eagle/aquila.  Additionally, doing a similar swap on the Knights of blood would probably result in a pretty neat looking appearance as well (keep all the black, swap red for DA green).

Definitely take a look at the Brotherhood of Angels for some ideas on variant schemes, Avon Rekaes has done a really neat job with the Knights Immaculate scheme there, as well as the others there and mentioned before.

Now I'll ask you this, Captain Sox: How many schemes have you played with on the Space Marine Painter?  Don't paint up a bunch, spend some time there and save some of your creations.  You can even post them here to see which get the response you like best.  ;)  Good luck and I hope you can settle on something you like soon, I know how frustrating it is to feel like a ping pong ball about a paint scheme.

Archived