The Four Armies/ETL vote (Iron Snakes win!)

So with the ETL II fast approaching, I have an issue. with so many Armies how do I choose?

I handle it the Four Armies way, that's how!

the choices, along with they're subforums, are:

1. Iron Snakes (Index Astartes)

2. Lamenters (Blood Angels)

3. Star Phantom (Index Astartes or Dark Angels)

4. Ultramarines (Ultramarines)

Now for my thoughts on the choices. Last year I vowed with Iron Snakes and never even got them started.rolleyes.gif so they would definitely be up for redemption. with the Lamenters, I am really stoked about these guys all of a sudden, can't really place why. It might have something to do with finding a new yellow recipe in 'eavy metal masterclass that matches what I was experimenting with! the Star Phantoms, well these are my special boys! I could go with the DA or IA subforums with them and they are actually easier to paint then everybody thinks. Utramarines, another strait up army, forgiving paint scheme, underdogs, and honorable to boot.

the two I am most excited about are the Iron Snakes and the Lamenters. but, I have built this Four Armies project on the foundation of answering to my peers!

the rules of the vote are similar to all the others

everybody get two (2) votes and the voting is open until ETL II commences.

happy voting!

the Four Armies are watching,

prime

Lamenters!

Whilst I have no problem with the others, I vote for the Lamenters.  Had I been able to paint yellow a few years back, I'd have chosen them.  Have an affection for them since being referred to in the old "Space Marine" novel plus, when done well, their Chapter symbol looks cool ^_^

Snakes. Not enough of 'em around.

well, that's no surprise! yeah, I like them, a lot. we'll see how the vote goes!

Templars? Templars ;D

funnily enough, I had kicked the idea around about using the BT dex to run Iron Snakes. the Idea of having Petitioners in the Squads they where petitioning for seemed to good to pass up.......but, there's that whole "suffer not the witch" thing that wouldn't work because one of their named characters, Petrok, is a libby.

I would confirm with Cap Semper, but you may not have to choose and be able to compete for all appropriate codexs.

And, Lamenters, I'd love to see the Reclusiarch painted up.

Cheers,

Jono

Again, no surprise here! don't worry though, even if the Lammies don't get chosen, Cyrus will get painted. AND(hint hint) he, along with Reclusiarch Malagant, will be painted for the HoH thread for the Kitbash challenge(hint hint)

on that note Jono, with the HoH thread for the Kit bash(es) we should have only one for all the challenges to be showcased! that way, we can seel ourselves as a sub-community!

Remember, Every one gets TWO votes!

and those two votes can go for the same army!

Priad is almost done, just need to get a few more details together to Tie in his PA and TDA versions. I may actually wait to fully Assemble him for Grot's captain/chaptermaster kitbash challenge, after the Libby one. but, it might be like working in a bubble wrap factory, where the awesome over powers the self control!

Not Lamenters - otherwise my guys aren't quite as rare - why else do you think I put up with the yellow and all the chequers and the silly crying heart symbol. If that doesn't put you off you are a little off :-)

Snakes, there aren't enough of them.

Phantoms, same reason as above.

Cheers

LM

So with the ETL II fast approaching, I have an issue. with so many Armies how do I choose?

Emphasis mine. Just pointing out, Ultramarines, Index Astartes and Liber Astartes are a three forum alliance, due to the smaller numbers of both Ultramarines and Liber Astartes.

As for my vote - Ultramarines and Iron Snakes. Roman or Greek and both from the same coalition. Preferably Ultramarines, then we're battle brothers rather than just cousins :).

on that note Jono, with the HoH thread for the Kit bash(es) we should have only one for all the challenges to be showcased! that way, we can seel ourselves as a sub-community!

Brilliant idea, my first vow for the ETL is my Chaplain from the Challenge, so the HoH thread is, two weeks out at most, definately before the Librarians Challenge.

Cheers,

Jono

Emphasis mine. Just pointing out, Ultramarines, Index Astartes and Liber Astartes are a three forum alliance, due to the smaller numbers of both Ultramarines and Liber Astartes.

As for my vote - Ultramarines and Iron Snakes. Roman or Greek and both from the same coalition. Preferably Ultramarines, then we're battle brothers rather than just cousins smile.png.

Was wondering when Ultra would get a vote!

Since you're not into Wolves I guess the Snakes get my vote. 

funny, I will be starting a Wolf army in the future. and I had considered us the current wolf dex for my Iron Snakes! to reflect the unorthodox organization the snakes have going on.

DA star phantoms!

yeah, I don't know what to do with my Star Phantoms, DA or not. I would really like to paint a thunderfire cannon in ash white, but Termies with Plasma cannons are Hard to resist! So I'll probably got that route....

well, I am going to bed, so here are the totals so far;

1. Lamenters.............................................7

2. Iron Snakes...........................................9

3. Ultramarines..........................................1 (that's it???)

4. Star Phantoms.......................................2

It would appear the Son's of Ithaka are feelin some love! followed closely by the dirty seperatistsmsn-wink.gif .

see you all tomorrow,

prime

Well if it was me I would go with Phantoms and Ultras from your list.

The idea of using the DA list without all the DA baggage appeals to me. As for the Knights of Ultramar they just seem so unloved, Poor things...  

I'll add in my vote for the Snakes of Ithaka. They need more love. tongue.png

With as much love as the snakes get during my votes, it surprises me that more people don't play them. lack of fluff maybe?

Star Phantoms. And from the DA codex... biggrin.png

surprise surprise! yeah this clinches it I guess my Star Phantoms are DA now!

After reading the iron snakes book, that's my vote. I'd like to see more of them.

since it looks like the community is demanding the snakes, I'm glad they are really easy to paint!

The votes are in we want the SNAKES!!!!!!thumbsup.gif

hey! haven't you voted like 5 times or something?teehee.gif don't worry even if by some miracle the snakes don't win this, I 'll make the snakes a priority, just for you.

Well if it was me I would go with Phantoms and Ultras from your list.

The idea of using the DA list without all the DA baggage appeals to me. As for the Knights of Ultramar they just seem so unloved, Poor things...

No baggage!laugh.png and thanks for the Ultra vote, toxichobbit needed a ally.

Archived