Replacement of Special Characters

Picollus

Hi guys,

Just wanted to check my interpretation of a rule.  I play Codex: Space Marines army, painted up in my own scheme, with my own personal fluff to fit in with 40k canon.

Anyway, the Sapphire Shields chapter are shockingly similar to the ultramarines and my scout team has a sergeant "Octavius" who follows the same rules as Sgt Telion.

This is correct yes? I don't need to field an actual ultramarine army to do this do I?

Thanks in advance, sorry for the silly question just looking for answers to resolve an bit of an issue with a friend...

That used to be a rule, way back in the day. However theyve largely abolished it. During those times it was also often a requirement to ask your opponent about it before hand. Many people ignored the 'must be chapter ____' rules.

• 5 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by DarkGuard, June 11, 2013 - Necro
Hidden by DarkGuard, June 11, 2013 - Necro

In regards to special/unique characters, it hasn't been since the days of 3rd edition that the character (I don't remember 4th all that well, it was a bit of a blur for me) that a Special Character was required to be exactly him/her by the rules and even then you could find opponents that honestly just didn't care. Heck there are even people that back then enjoyed that as well as custom made 'counts as character X' models.

Posted · Hidden by DarkGuard, June 11, 2013 - Necro
Hidden by DarkGuard, June 11, 2013 - Necro

As long as your opponent is aware of what is what, you can paint them pink and give them bunny ears if you want, and your opponent has no recourse for complaint.

Beyond simple good taste of course.

Archived