power spears and the BA

bushman101

Power Spears ok and thematically look great (if only sang guard could take them pinch.gif ), but in my experience unfortunately under-perform compared to an axe, sword, or claw.

HOWEVER, if you're looking for an AWESOME (not competitive, but still pretty good) unit, combine a 6 or 7 man squad of Death Co with jumppacks and 3 or 4 power swords with Dante's hit and run rule. Expensive... yes, but ultrafun!

Zynk Kaladin, on 13 May 2013 - 06:34, said:

Power Spears ok and thematically look great (if only sang guard could take them pinch.gif ), but in my experience unfortunately under-perform compared to an axe, sword, or claw.

HOWEVER, if you're looking for an AWESOME (not competitive, but still pretty good) unit, combine a 6 or 7 man squad of Death Co with jumppacks and 3 or 4 power swords with Dante's hit and run rule. Expensive... yes, but ultrafun!

As far as I am aware, it is still in debate if Sanguinary Guard can or can not take Glaive Spears and Glaive Mauls. The reason for such debate is because the FAQ used the Sword and Axe as examples and not limitations.

Zynk Kaladin, on 13 May 2013 - 06:34, said:

As far as I am aware, it is still in debate if Sanguinary Guard can or can not take Glaive Spears and Glaive Mauls. The reason for such debate is because the FAQ used the Sword and Axe as examples and not limitations.

He said Death Company not Sanguinary Guard anyway.

That said, A death company model with a jump pack and a power weapon comes at 55pt each, and has 3+ T4.

If I saw a DC unit decked out so generously, I'd cry tears of sweet joy..

And fire at it with everything I have.

Love power lances!

They are an amazing weapon, I have a couple of assault sergeants armed with them. You have to get the charge to use them effectively but if you've got jump packs then you shouldn't have trouble doing that.

The way I use them has an assault squad with a Priest with power axe and on the turn they charge make sure that your Sergeant is able to issue any challenge whilst the Priest hangs at the back where he can't be challenged or assaulted directly. Hopefully 4 STR6 AP3 attacks should handle whatever the Sergeant is up against whilst the rest of the unit mops up the squad then at I1 step the Priest seps forward and delivers 4 WS5 STR6 AP2 attacks. There's not really a lot left that needs power weapon attacks in subsequent rounds but the Sergeant is still AP4 and the Priest sill has his axe just in case.

If you're going to pop some on DC they should work perfectly, just mix in an axe for a bit of AP2 coverage and then use as above!

I have them on one of my Honor Guard squads to fit in thematically with my successor Chapter (Greek themed) and I love them.  Expensive unit and only comes out in big games with my Dante analog, but great fun to play with.

I neither converted nor painted them, Winterdyne did them for me.

http://www.winterdyne.co.uk/maz/images/commissions/sanguinaryphalanx/all_1024.jpg

I have them on one of my Honor Guard squads to fit in thematically with my successor Chapter (Greek themed) and I love them.  Expensive unit and only comes out in big games with my Dante analog, but great fun to play with.

I neither converted nor painted them, Winterdyne did them for me.

http://www.winterdyne.co.uk/maz/images/commissions/sanguinaryphalanx/all_1024.jpg

Those look frikken sweet!

I agree with you Boomkapow, which is why these guys rarely see the table unless I have plenty of other units that cause as much or more fear... like a 10-man Death Company with accompanying dreadnaught, lol.  Expensive units get shot, less expensive shoot back or take objectives, one man death star units kick in faces, etc. ;)

Archived