Deathwing Apoth.. why?

[TA]Typher

Rather than thinking of it as a heat dissipater, just think of it as a cool plasma glow-ey thing! :)

Finishing off my Deathwing is going to be my main aim within the ETL II, and my current plan is that I will field DWK in Ravenwing or Greenwing heavy armies, and only bring out the Command Squad when Belial takes the field.....

Belial +

Champion

Banner Bearer with Standard of Fortitude, Thunder Hammer / Storm Shield

Storm Bolter / Chainfist

Storm Bolter / Powerfist

Plasma Cannon or Storm Bolter / Powerfist (magnetised right arm)

a shade over 500 points for the lot, depending on weapon choices. The Banner Bearer gets the TH/SS as he is the biggest force multiplier in the squad so gets the honour of the best save.

Rather than thinking of it as a heat dissipater, just think of it as a cool plasma glow-ey thing!

lol, good reasoning..! Now if only it was a little bit easier to hardwire my thoughts that way....

That's a pretty sweet set up you have there for the Command Squad - personally, I dislike the idea of having a huge banner sticking out of a model's "spine" so I'm trying to figure out a way to make the banner useable in the hand... but because of that, I don't think I can slip in another weapon there so easily... though a Storm Shield would be by far the easiest way to sneakily base a pole onto.

Back on topic: an Apothecary complicates wound placement. An obvious model to remove if it comes down to just the Apothecary, Banner holder and Champion but you get disadvantaged BIG time by taking the any of them first. Granted, you never got the extra attacks in if you didn't take the Deathwing Company Banner but sheesh, it wasn't this hard of a decision to make either!

Archived