Modeling predator tanks

Squirrelloid

So, confession time, I haven't built a predator since 3rd edition.  (You know, on the old rhino chassis).

The 'new' chassis includes a working ramp in the back.  Since predators are tanks and don't have troops to deploy via the ramp, what do you do with the ramp?  Do you glue it shut?  If you let it open, what do you do inside to model the inside of the predator?

*fishes for ideas/reasons to not glue the ramp shut*

I glued them.. :P Didnt even paint it inside or anything.. Saved me lots of time! :D But yeah, if you dont glue the side sponsons, and the turret mount, you can easily switch, and use them for other things as well..

Then again.. If you plan to buy different tanks for all the choices, then it doesnt really matter..!

My Preds are just that... Preds. As a result, with them and my Vindis, I glue the rear hatch shut and forgo painting the interiors at all. My Rhinos, Whirlys and Razorbacks, however, have their ramps left working and the top hatch unglued for quick and easy swap-outs.

I keep my Predators as Predators, so i've glued the hatches shut. That being said, I would one day like to do a predator with interior detail (ammo storage, lascannon fuel cells, extra comms, crewmen in the turret etc) but that's a long way off. I actually need to get a decent amount of stuff finished before I go embarking on projects of fancy.

My rhinos are all 3rd edition, and i have plenty for my needs.  While i might switch tank types, I can't see myself switching between tank and troop transport.

Trying to do a tank interior would be fun, but you'd have to basically build all of that from scratch! (Edit: Although it would be cool to have a marine seated in a structure that rotated with the turret!)

Archived