BA and GK allies

BloodTzar

Hello guys,

Didnt play much 40k since the 6ed, tho in 5th I loved my dual SR.
While the allies are out I decided to give it a try and do BA with GK.

Few questions I would like to clarify:

1, Can I run dual lib + additional HQ from my allied GK or 2 overall
2, How does shrouding (stealth for a unit) works with our Shield, does the unit get 4+ cover?
3, Can I use teleport beacons from allies on my main force, and vice versa (DoA on GK lib with Beacon etc. )
4, Can GK grand master use his grand strategy (scoring, counter attack etc.) on Ba main force

Thank you brothers,

~BT

For questions three and four the answer is no. This is because Grey Knights are not battle brothers (Four is also answered in the GK FAQ). I would also say that the answer to question two is no for the same reason.

Thank you Jolemai, I should really go trough all the FAQ's, keep on forgeting how complicated this game can be smile.png

On the other hand, I based my assumption on the wording, as the wording of Shrouding is "cast on unit" and Shield is "friendly model" not BA model.

Therefore, unit of GK termies with Stealth would benefit from shield and get 4+ as a friendly unit.But pls correct me if I am wrong

~BT

Well, than there is a little of sense in taking GK as allies over DA or BT.

Just throwing ideas out there...

1) GK still lets you takes Draigo and Crowe, and unlike DA, his troop shennenigens work. Azrael only works if the DA are the primary. So no scoring bikes or Termies.

2) That double autocannon dread with psybolt ammo is "better" that a quadgun.

3) Purifiers are still the best anti-horde that a marine-like codex can take.

Archived