Just wanting to check something

Xenith

Hi all,

I played a game of 1500pts last night vs DA, I just wanted to double check that the player could fit everything they did into this points level!

3X Land Raider crusaders, all with multimeltas

5 Deathwing Terminators, all with TH/SS

2X 10 man tactical squads

Librarian, lvl1, power field generator

Power armour Command squad, standard of devastation (makes bolters salvo 2/4)

I am unaware of new points costs of DA, but if the LR and Tac squads are the same as C:SM, thats 1120pts right off the bat

Banner sat in centre land raider, making each hurricane bolter sponson 12 shots (3x twin linked boltgun - they really need to redefine a hurricane bolter..).

I lost horrifically to this (I was using a TAC Eldar list for the first time in 6th...): Its a powerful list, and my opponent was skilled in it's application and a nice guy, but doing a little mental maths today, something seems a little fishy.

Is it a 1500pt list?

I can't remember the costs of the command squad or PFG (I think it's 100 and 30 respectively, I don't tend to use them myself) but the rest tots up to 1,435 so he was probably a little over. An easy thing to miss is that the MMs are no longer free on our LRCs, so that's 30 points that he might have forgotten to account for.

With no wargear on the tactical squad I reach 1555pts

Librarian : 95pts

Command squad with standard : 165pts (no other wargear)

2 x tactical of 10 : 280pts

DW Termi : 235pts (note that he was not allowed to replace the sword/storm bolter of the sgt according to the new FAQ) it's for a squad without any Heavy weapons

3 Crusaders with MM each : 780pts

He may have done a little error when doing his list but note that if he drops the MM from the LRC and the Storm Shields he's perfectly legal.

With no wargear on the tactical squad I reach 1555pts

Librarian : 95pts

Command squad with standard : 165pts (no other wargear)

2 x tactical of 10 : 280pts

DW Termi : 235pts (note that he was not allowed to replace the sword/storm bolter of the sgt according to the new FAQ) it's for a squad without any Heavy weapons

3 Crusaders with MM each : 780pts

He may have done a little error when doing his list but note that if he drops the MM from the LRC and the Storm Shields he's perfectly legal.

Deathwing would be 240 pts, also Xenith was he using the Librarian in a LRC measuring the PFG 4++ from the hull? 

5 Deathwing Terminators, all with TH/SS

I am unaware of new points costs of DA, but if the LR and Tac squads are the same as C:SM, thats 1120pts right off the bat

It's not the same. Without any other equipment on the Tact squads, the 3 LRs plus those only comes to 1060 pts.

Banner sat in centre land raider, making each hurricane bolter sponson 12 shots (3x twin linked boltgun - they really need to redefine a hurricane bolter..).

There's no need to redefine, GW specifically said in the FAQ that the SoD specifically affects Hurricane Bolters. Redefining it wouldn't do anything, it would still be affected if it was three heavy bolters or something.

Is it a 1500pt list?

It's over 1500 by exactly the cost of the Standard of Devastation, but as was said, the DW Sgt couldn't take a TH/SS, so that would be five points back.

Without the Multi-Meltas and the PFG, it would have been exactly 1500.

And :ph34r: 'd

There's no need to redefine, GW specifically said in the FAQ that the SoD specifically affects Hurricane Bolters. Redefining it wouldn't do anything, it would still be affected if it was three heavy bolters or something.

I'm really enjoying reading on the Internet that Hurricane Bolters shouldn't be 3 twin linked bolters. Its been like that for years and now that we got a cool new toy people want to take that away from us ermm.gif

As to the list, according to Army Builder your opponent was about 60 points over. Seems like his math was off pinch.gif

Thanks for the fast responses, guys! I had forgotten the DA tactical squad point drop.

Reading this, I just remembered something, the 5 terminators he was actually using as Deathwing Knights, as opposed to the Normal terminator models that they were - The whole army had just ported over from Blood Angels, so was very...red.

So the full list was:

5 Deathwing Knights (the Stormshield, two of us stand together and get +1 Toughness kind)

How many more points are the knights than regular terminators?

So indeed it´s 235 pts for a squad of 5...

He'll have to drop the PFG Which is now useless since it doesn't work anymore on the vehicle when the bearer is embarked.

And with 2 tactical squads of 9 instead of 10.

But I don't think it would have changed something to the result :D

The result wouldn't have changed at all, I feel (Unless he was a bit less lucky with cover saves - not one failed on raiders for the entire game...) it was a brutal army. He was also aware of the FAQ on the power field, he got the libby out once or twice and hid behind a raider to give the raiders the invun.

I just wanted to check the points added up, really, and it seems he was over by a bit. Swapping out the termies for normal deathwing and losing the PFG would have had no impact on the game.

I'm really enjoying reading on the Internet that Hurricane Bolters shouldn't be 3 twin linked bolters. Its been like that for years and now that we got a cool new toy people want to take that away from us ermm.gif

28 Twin linked BS4 shots at 24" from a single tank is kind of brutal. You pay a lot of points for it, though, so it all works out.

Deathwing would be 240 pts, also Xenith was he using the Librarian in a LRC measuring the PFG 4++ from the hull?

No. You can't give TH/SS to the sgt so it´s max 20pts of upgrades.

I know, but what your forgetting is that a DW squad is 220 pts base. I think your getting confused with the points from the last codex wink.png .

Archived