new project

I haven't been happy with my current paint scheme with my Blood Angels, so I am thinking about re-doing them as Exsanguinators. Since I don't know of a paint scheme for them I decided to get creative. Here is my vision to paint them semi similar to the Angels Sanguine. What do you all think?

sm.php?b62c=@haLvy_hzOfe.hCmX3@.@@@@@hXbsbiakk7.@@hXbsbiaj2F@@@____@hXbsb@@@_@hXbsb_____@@@@@..________iakk7_.__.iakk7&

Just my opinion, but red and purple is not such a nice combination.

Heraldric schemes divide colors into two groups, colors and metals.  (Metals are white and yellow, although the actual metallics silver and gold would also work).  I'd suggest choosing a metal to go with black and red, not another color.  (Black and red are both colors, but black is notorious for going with everything, so it gets a pass).

Alternately, omit red (blasphemy, i know) and go with purple + black + a metal.

The next step is of course to think about squad markings.  Usually you have a chapter marking on one shoulder, a squad type marking on the other shoulder, and a unit designation on a kneepad.  Veterans have variant shoulders. 

The grey kneepad is a good place for the unit designation.

How might you vary shoulder pads for veterans?

Standard shoulder pads or are you going to run different squad type markings?  (Obviously your chapter badge will be what it is)

Archived