Angels of Destruction Legion - DA Horus Heresy Legion

GAZ_AV_NZ

Greetings

I've been quietly assembling my Pre Heresy legion which will also be a current DA codex army - Angels of Destruction

My pledge is to assemble a fully painted legion by the end of the year with what I have already.

I will post pictures in due course.

I prefer to spend my time assembling and painting then taking pics :) 

I currently have assembled

Master of Signal

Commander / Counsuls x5

20 Assault Marines Mark II Armour with jump packs

60 Tactical marines in Mark  II , II and IV armour.  Mark IV dominates.  

40 heavy and special weapons Marines in Mark  II , II and IV armour 

2 Rapiers with laser destroyer

20 Scouts

4 Drop Pods

2 Apothecarys

2 Relic Contemptor Deadnaughts - kheres Assault cannons x2 , and LC and MM CB  PF

1 Rhino

1 Whirlwind

Storm Eagle

Aegis Defense Line

Non Heresy

30 Tactical Marines

15 heavy Weapons

10 veterans

10 Assault Marines with jump packs

5 Terminators

Terminator Chaplain

All my marines use Phobos Bolters with some vet squads or individuals using Umbra Ferrox bolters.

Currently on the way or to be ordered

1 Reaver Titan

1 Warhound Titan

Additonal small mechanicus detachments

1 Proteus Land Raider

1 Land Raider Crusader

1 Spartan land Raider Assault Tank

10 Veterans

10-20 Assault Mark IVs no jump packs

2 Avenger Strike Fighters - Imperial Naval Support

possibly a second storm eagle

Bastion
Fortress of Redemption

20-30 Terminators

Ravenwing Command Squad

5 More Bikers

2 Rhinos

2 Predators

2-3 land Speeders - waiting on new ones to come out from FW

The aim and theme of my army is an overall pre heresy look obviously for HH battles 30k and 40k battles.

The Chapters fluff resolves around the Lion leaving 15% of the legion in the eastern fringes after the night lords are beaten off to hold and secure the sector, eliminating rouge chaos and night lords pockets and to protect the developing forge worlds and imperial planets in the Aegis Sub Sector. Securing these resources and aiding the mechanicus forces grants an important resource boom and ally.  

The lion knows the Imperium and his legion will need access to these during and in the aftermath of whatever lies ahead.

The legion stays there after the Heresy, stuck initially around those sectors by warp storms.

A following massive ork waagghhh keeps the legion busy for some time.

They fight as a legion of between 2-5,000 marines and strike in overwhelming numbers - hence called angels of destruction.

I will update my story and background when i post my legions pics.

Thanks to all who have posted there armies pics, written fluff and great background.

Its always keep me inspired as a Dark Angels player.

Cheers

As far as Dark Angels Histories goes I really felt that was very wrong

Erm... are you sure about that?

Because I'm pretty sure that you aren't.

Although I should do a major overhaul on the history, etc. to be more in line with the HH series.

I had to redo that fan history as I felt it was outdated and not really inline with the fluff.

If they were tainted like that they would have been killed outright.

Somethings do need a tidy up Elite.gif

I also find it interesting Games Workshop had the Dark Angels Black on there founding originally back in the 90s

and the Heresy fluff now they are blackish with red as per the original. Ill be interested to see he forge world book showing there colours in the next 2-4 years it will take to be released.

Some Artists have them greenish now as well and black. Its all over the place.

In playing HH and current codex I like to use what I have for both. IE black with Red markings with a hint of green with a good fluffy background.

GW made a paint error and turned them green through that error, then added in a story to cover it and made changes to Deathwing etc based on stories..

I found this confusing and rather frustrating as a player especially now trying to buy a Pre HH army to use for current.

I note stories about the Fallen say they wear green armour....

so why would not stay black or go back to black so they are not tied in with the fallen. 

As far as Dark Angels Histories goes I really felt that was very wrong

Erm... are you sure about that?

Because I'm pretty sure that you aren't.

Although I should do a major overhaul on the history, etc. to be more in line with the HH series.

I had to redo that fan history as I felt it was outdated and not really inline with the fluff.

If they were tainted like that they would have been killed outright.

Somethings do need a tidy up Elite.gif

Well, considering that its around six years old now, it wouldn't be too surprising.

No BL books, no FW books on the matter either.

But I've been working on it, mostly bits a pieces since while I got Betrayal, I don't have any of the BL books (yet).

In either case; they'll still follow the 13th's example.

As for them being killed outright; you mean by imperial forces? Not much they can successfully do when several chapters worth of battle-hardened marines turn up. Just look at the Badab war. Especially if they're both still loyal to the Emperor, and manage to secure the help of the remaining Dark Angels/Successors.

I also find it interesting Games Workshop had the Dark Angels Black on there founding originally back in the 90s

and the Heresy fluff now they are blackish with red as per the original. Ill be interested to see he forge world book showing there colours in the next 2-4 years it will take to be released.

In playing HH and current codex I like to use what I have for both. IE black with Red markings with a hint of green with a good fluffy background.

GW made a paint error and turned them green through that error, then added in a story to cover it and made changes to Deathwing etc based on stories..

I found this confusing and rather frustrating as a player especially now trying to buy a Pre HH army to use for current.

so why would not stay black or go back to black so they are not tied in with the fallen. 

The prevelant belif, is that the fallen repaint their armor green in order to confuse imperials after they get a hold of some info.

The prevelant belif, is that the fallen repaint their armor green in order to confuse imperials after they get a hold of some info.

As if most imperials would know the difference between the various chapters and their colours/heraldry.

Just look at the Siege of Vraks series where they spotted some alpha legion marines and had to ask/check which chapters were in the sector and if any of them were deployed to Vraks for one reason or another. After hearing "no" from all the nearby chapters did they begin to figure out it were chaos marines.

Of course, that was before the =][= started involving themselves.

As if most imperials would know the difference between the various chapters and their colours/heraldry.

Just look at the Siege of Vraks series where they spotted some alpha legion marines and had to ask/check which chapters were in the sector and if any of them were deployed to Vraks for one reason or another. After hearing "no" from all the nearby chapters did they begin to figure out it were chaos marines.

Of course, that was before the =][= started involving themselves.

Imperials doesnt mean the average joe imperial citizen or guardsman only. It encompases many things: Inquisition, Navy, Assasins, other marine chapters, Deathwatch, SoB, mechanicum to name a few. I believe all of the above I mentioned  are quite capable telling a chaos marine from a loyalist one as well as an UM from a Da. At least they will understand that they are from different chapters. I would agree that performance is not an imperial officers strong point though. As probably is not brains as well.

It is a way of rationalising an epic mixup, better not stir the brew further.

Actually, I doubt that the Navy, or Assassins would know to recognise many chapters.

And in the Siege of Vraks campaign, it was a Lord Commander (Zuelhke) who failed to recognise the alpha legionnaires, much less the fact that it even was a traitor legion.

Lord Commander Zuehlke sent his emmissaries to see the Lord-Commander Militant of Segmentum Obscurus. Could he help identify this Chapter? . . . As for the mysterious Adeptus Astartes, it remained an unanswered mystery. Those Chapters in the Segmentum who wore dark blue could all account for their companies. The conclusion was that this may well be Traitor Legionnaires.

Which suggests that even a Lord-Commander Militant of an entire Segmentum cannot recognise the various chapters/traitors.

So it stands to reason that even the Ordos of the Sororitas could be clueless.

The AdMech doubtful, although they usually maintain at least some relations directly with various chapters.

Which would leave the Inquisition, and the Deathwatch.

Ha! Half the people I knew in the navy couldn't tell a Udaloy from a Type 42! Most fans underestimate the complete lack of interest the average soldier/sailor/airman has in anything beyond the next meal/drink/bed, and I can't think it would have changed too much in the far future :)

Type 42? Sounds Chinese.

Anyhow, given the amount of crew a typical Imperial Navy warship has, I doubt that even 0.0000001% (still a generous number, most likely) of those onboard could recognise more than a few Chapters, if any at all.

Actually, I doubt that the Navy, or Assassins would know to recognise many chapters.

And in the Siege of Vraks campaign, it was a Lord Commander (Zuelhke) who failed to recognise the alpha legionnaires, much less the fact that it even was a traitor legion.

Lord Commander Zuehlke sent his emmissaries to see the Lord-Commander Militant of Segmentum Obscurus. Could he help identify this Chapter? . . . As for the mysterious Adeptus Astartes, it remained an unanswered mystery. Those Chapters in the Segmentum who wore dark blue could all account for their companies. The conclusion was that this may well be Traitor Legionnaires.

Which suggests that even a Lord-Commander Militant of an entire Segmentum cannot recognise the various chapters/traitors.

So it stands to reason that even the Ordos of the Sororitas could be clueless.

The AdMech doubtful, although they usually maintain at least some relations directly with various chapters.

Which would leave the Inquisition, and the Deathwatch.

Ha! Half the people I knew in the navy couldn't tell a Udaloy from a Type 42! Most fans underestimate the complete lack of interest the average soldier/sailor/airman has in anything beyond the next meal/drink/bed, and I can't think it would have changed too much in the far future smile.png

Type 42? Sounds Chinese.

Anyhow, given the amount of crew a typical Imperial Navy warship has, I doubt that even 0.0000001% (still a generous number, most likely) of those onboard could recognise more than a few Chapters, if any at all.

Ok gentlemen without wanting to go into slander territory Ill say this: Your remarks have lifted my spirit for the state of the Greek armed forces biggrin.png

Anyhow as I said in my post I doubt an imperial officers strong point is his brain. As for the lord commanders....Well I can agree to that after thinking more about it. The imperium would have been a better place if they actually governed with skill right?

Archived