Librarian vs. Feel No Pain

McFisty

In my 1850 pts. Deathwing list I need some help deciding whether I should add a Librarian or the Banner of Fortitude for 5+ FNP. I only plan on using Prescience with my Librarian which can buff one unit within 12 inches. The banner can buff all friendly units within 12 inches and since I am using several 5 model units of terminators, it will be likely that at least two units will receive the FNP benefit. I am not sure if this is a mathhammer question or not, but what do you all think will provide the best benefit most of the time? Is it the re-rolls to hit from the Librarian psychic power or the FNP re-rolls from the banner? It is noteworthy that with the Librarian I will have 4 troops choices and with the command squad I will have 3. Regardless, I will also be using two Land Raiders and Belial.

Thanks,

McFisty

I personally always take a Librarian in my lists, because it does so much. While Prescience boosts only one unit, it is very, very powerful.

Also consider that an upgrade of course lets you use some of the other Div powers.

Although, actually I take Ezekiel in my Terminator list. He just fits in so well, and has been a great addition in my games.

I don't think Ezekiel can take terminator armor. How do you deploy him? In a Land Raider or on foot? Do you put him with a squad of any kind? Just curious about how he fits in with the rest of the army. Thanks for the reply smile.png

Ezekiel can't take any options at all. But he does have artificer armour and increases the WS of nearby units by +1. So considering Terminators are good in combat, that's a good bonus. I also like playing about with Divination powers as I'm new to them, so I'm enjoying being able to cast 2 in the same turn (one being Prescience of course). And Mind Worm actually isn't bad, while in combat he himself isn't too bad. All for 145pts, he's not bad when you consider he has old Librarian stats as well.

I have him join one of my CML squads that start on the board, on foot, so he can use Prescience on them or something else nearby. My last list had 2 such units (and 1 10 man unit with Belial and assault cannons deep striking), but this should change soon as I've recently been able to procure a further 25 Terminators to add to my cause...

Archived