Fallen Angels in a CSM Army

Sunwell

I know my question will hit a sore point here but I am curious:

I play Chaos and would like to use the DA in the Starter box as 'fallen angels' for my army (i.e. Chaos marines). At least one squad to add to my IW.

But I would like to ask you guys about the fluff. Do the fallen operate in groups still with common cause or did they all split up?

I imagine they are still running around in all-black pre heresy armor, if at all.

Anything else I should know if I field a few 'fallen' on the field?

PS. It's never too late to join the ranks of the real gods ;)

Yes well the Fallen were blasted through by both space and time by the warp, meaning they could turn up anywhere. No problems with small groups of them banding together so go for it - many have done exactly the same.

Yes - black pre-heresy armour would certainly be the option to go for.

IW and Fallen DA sound like an awesome combination.

Cheers

I

Like Isiah said "the Fallen were blasted through by both space and time by the warp", never knowing when or where they reappear (which must also be a surprise for them...), however one certain individual named 'Cypher' seems to have a strange attraction on the Fallen, as they seem to be drawn to him. Ofcourse Cypher moves all over the place escaping the hands of the Dark Angels wherever he goes, maybe he's actually able to find them himself and they then join forces.

There are plenty of stories where Dark Angels attack planets that rebelled, knowing there is influence from the Fallen, sometimes finding more than 1 Fallen when the war is finally over so we do know they can band together.

Game wise, having maybe 1 squad joined into a Chaos army seems much better and realistic fluffwise than having a whole army of Fallen. Pre-heresy black would also be my choice (with a red DA symbol) however GW itself doesn't seem to be too sure which color to paint them if we can judge their intentions with the way they have painted Cypher in the past (usually green).

I added a Fallen to my army too. Most of them are lone rangers, but some bent together in smaller groups. In Angel of Darkness and Ravenwing it´s a group of three that work together.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x120/DarkBjoern/DarkBjoerns%20Chaos/Night%20Lords/NightLordsFallen01_zpsd0796d44.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x120/DarkBjoern/DarkBjoerns%20Chaos/Night%20Lords/NightLordsFallen02_zps9ad354b8.jpg

And yes, black is the color of choise for a Fallen.

thanks for the input - just what I was looking for

I plan on using a squad of 10 guys with a rhino. At most, in the future, I could imagine about 500 pts (eg 10 marines, couple of terminators all lead by a sorc (librarian). Nothing more than a splinter group.

Painting wise, black armor, red heraldry, red eyes; any "wings" still white-isch? What about the bolter colour?

I could see fallen as a couple of chosen backed up by cultists, they like to do that and it's supported by"Ravenwing". Pretty much anything else from chaos Dex including defiles and vindicators and I imagine the other demon engines depending on how corrupted the are.

I had an idea too of a Fallen Angel that fell to khorn freely during the Battle of Caliban, and when He was sent into the warp he spent what was to him around 1,000 years being corrupted by the blood god and eventually bringing a band of rouge marines to him to enslave people and sacrifice them

So my idea is for him to be a khorn lord on a juggernaught with an axe of blind fury.

Seem plausible?

I had an idea too of a Fallen Angel that fell to khorn freely during the Battle of Caliban, and when He was sent into the warp he spent what was to him around 1,000 years being corrupted by the blood god and eventually bringing a band of rouge marines to him to enslave people and sacrifice them

So my idea is for him to be a khorn lord on a juggernaught with an axe of blind fury.

Seem plausible?

yes

Some great ideas so far.

I like the thought of a couple of DA Veterans or the Command Unit as a unit of Chosen CSM. For now though I will stick to 10 "marines" because I have the models from the starter set and dont need to buy another 10 CSM.

Just for fluff reason I would give them both Bolters and CCW, Veterans of the Long War, Standard, 2 PGuns, Champ with Sword, Rhino with a launcher.

Extra Armour seems fitting too - on that note, where do you get that since I dont recall getting that in the rhino sprue?

Extra Armour seems fitting too - on that note, where do you get that since I dont recall getting that in the rhino sprue?

Plasti-card is your freind, available at all good modelling shops.

I dont recall seeing GW extra armour sprue for Rhino's other than forgeworld.

Like Isiah said "the Fallen were blasted through by both space and time by the warp", never knowing when or where they reappear (which must also be a surprise for them...), however one certain individual named 'Cypher' seems to have a strange attraction on the Fallen, as they seem to be drawn to him. Ofcourse Cypher moves all over the place escaping the hands of the Dark Angels wherever he goes, maybe he's actually able to find them himself and they then join forces.

There are plenty of stories where Dark Angels attack planets that rebelled, knowing there is influence from the Fallen, sometimes finding more than 1 Fallen when the war is finally over so we do know they can band together.

Game wise, having maybe 1 squad joined into a Chaos army seems much better and realistic fluffwise than having a whole army of Fallen. Pre-heresy black would also be my choice (with a red DA symbol) however GW itself doesn't seem to be too sure which color to paint them if we can judge their intentions with the way they have painted Cypher in the past (usually green).

My understanding was that Cypher changed his armor to green on purpose?

Before I have turned to Chaos I have played Dark Angels (one could say that I am fallen Angel coming to haunt you).

I am planing a Dark Angel fallen to Khorne, keeping former iconography while re-painting his armour and adorning some skulls and so on...

Archived