100 Terminators - fluff to back it up?

marvmoogy

Now model wise, paint them pink even and name them lovewing. They are yours. Fluffwise though I (not that it matters) aint convinced.

My 2cs.

EDIT: Bonus points if you convert lovefirsts and create rules for them.

I believe those are from the "Purtyful" marines...

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Pretty_Marines

Hive Fleet Fabulous .........that made me laugh smile.png

At one point on another forum someone posted pictures of it. Pastel Pink and Purple Tyranids - was pretty epic. I LOLed for a few days.

Paul

They are veterans of many battles but have nothing to do with the deathwing...yet.

Back in 3rd edition, any veteran sergeant had the option of being upgraded to being a member of the Deathwing, granting stubborn.

And company veterans are what? Exactly. Stubborn.

Even if we accept that each company has enough deathwing watchdogs to fully form them into squads it invalidates their purpose two fold: First of all who are you gonna watch if your entire squad is composed of people who want to rat out the others? In essence you have a squad of spies away from their target.

Veterans aren't the only ones who'd know of the Fallen.

What I mean is, if they are undercover why collect them all in one place and give out their true purpose (or rather station)?

Who is to say that they know?

Look at Angels of Darkness, where Boreas did not know that one of his companions was also inducted into the Deathwing.

Also, I said that they would not wear ash-coloured armour.

Cant seem to multiquote with the new system for jack so here is my response in order of quotations:

Back in third edtion...thereby no longer relavant right? msn-wink.gif Also I would say that while possible to have individuals into powerarmored squads to act on whatever role, to have a full squad of deathwing troops is out. Thats what I am saying. Plus one can argue that our entire tac force is now stuborn.

Veterans (as if company vets) dont know of the fallen most likely at least there is nothing in the current fluff to suggest that they do. All we know is that they are the best of their own companies and that they show promise on the path to deathwing. Thats more or less it.

Consider the power armored colour a misread of your post biggrin.png

IMHO the new dex has made the distinction final: Company vets have nothing to do with the deathwing and there are no deathwing power armored squads, add hock or otherwise bonewhite or otherwise. The deathwing always as per fluff and army lists/codex operate in full terminator armor.The odd member might be operating in a normal squad as per a vet sergeant (which has nothing in the codex to denote that he more than a company vet) but there wont be any pooling of said members. That happens only to company vets.

I will stress again: I am not trying to shoot the idea down, merely saying what its in the codex/fluff. Do what you guys want a beutifully painted model is always eye candy, no matter the fluff adherense biggrin.png

Archived