Reinforcements are en Route!

Ushtarador

Thanks a lot guys for all the support :)

I'll get my microcontrollers and motors today and hope to implement most of the electronics by next week, depending on how annoying it is to fit LEDs inside the engines and how hard it is to make the wires look nice (some of them will run along the hull as if they were large power cables or such).

@K&F  I think to make the smoke machine look good I'd also have to add some sort of fan so the smoke doesn't just rise straight upwards which would look kinda weird. I'm afraid space is a bit too limited in the engines though - the perfect setup would of course be a fan behind a smoke machine, and then light the smoke up with LEDs :D

@kdruthless  As soon as my friend finishes the parts and the thing actually works, I'll give you a detailed account ;) it should actually be very easy to do on a vindicator, great idea!

@Demoulius  Or put Dante on the front like the figurehead on old sailing ships haha ^^ I might actually add something like that if it looks cool, have to test it!

This thread makes me wish I was decent at scratch-building.  Because if I scratch-built a TH I could significantly increase the model interior, and use it to house gadgets.  (At least I assume that hanging plasticard on a metal frame would give me more interior room to work with, especially in the wings - some of that resin looks awfully thick).

Did some soldering yesterday, and will likely do some more tomorrow, about half done with the electronics. I made a small video of the blinking and flashing lights, the brightness of the LEDs is too much for my crappy android cam but you see the idea :)

It's not really showing, but the flashing blue LEDs are pulsed for 0.1 seconds with about double the normal current so the flash is really bright, I might even have to tone it down a bit.

Archived