Disciples of Caliban fluff

Dirrain

Hey all! 
I chose the Disciples of Caliban as my chapter cause their chapter emblem is so badass and I like dark green terminators. Heh. Also, I'm considering writing some fluff for the chapter. 

But I'm kinda stuck on the fluff aspects. Are my 1st/2nd companies still Deathwing/Ravenwing? According to the DA codex the angels of absolution 2nd company master took over for the DA until sammael was chosen. So do the successor chapters do have ravenwing /deathwing formations? But there has been no mention of deathwing in the successor chapters. I'd think that the 1st/2nd companies of all successor chapters follow the DW/RW organization but isn't called DW/RW. Would that be a safe assumption to make?  

The angels of absolution also field sternguard squads (siege of vraks vol. 3). Is that a safe assumption to make regarding the disciples?

The codex also hints that the Unforgiven are essentially still a legion. How far is that represented? 

Any help, or any "official" fluff from the older codexes would be a great help. I don't have the 4th ed codex and below so... Thanks for any help!

Cheers!

Chances are very high they don't call them Ravenwing or Deathwing. However, what they are referred to as has not been defined. So far, the only thing we've seen for the Terminators of the Disciples is a reference to the "1st Company." They do use the organizational structure of the DW and RW though. Could they be using alternative names for these formations? Officially we haven't been told, but my Stoneburners use the names Deathwalkers and Boneseekers for their 1st and 2nd Companies due to myths from their homeworld.

While the AoA may use Sternguard Squads in the Vraks books, they do not have access to them using the current DA Codex. If you are making your DoC using the C:DA, there won't be Sternguard squads as such.

The DoC first made their appearance in the 4th Ed C:DA and the fluff there is almost (if not totally) identical to the 6th Ed C:DA fluff for them. Unfortunately that's about all we have on the DoC.

Archived