Stalker Bolter, dual-wielding weapons and snipers

Brother Neyo

1. Can I give a regular tactical marine a stalker bolter, I couldn't find it in our codex so I was curious

2. Thanks to gunslinger I can dual-wield melta pistols, but can I say give my death company two chain swords

3. Is there any way I can make my snipers a little tougher, aside from FNP? (I mean like better armour)

1. Can I give a regular tactical marine a stalker bolter, I couldn't find it in our codex so I was curious

2. Thanks to gunslinger I can dual-wield melta pistols, but can I say give my death company two chain swords

3. Is there any way I can make my snipers a little tougher, aside from FNP? (I mean like better armour)

If you want to be technical, no to all of the above.

1. That's exclusive to Telion, he's a special character.

2. While you can't strictly do this, nothing stops you from modeling them as such, as bolt pistol and CCW have the same effect in close combat.

3. Camo Cloaks and cover brother.

Since they are compelled to come bolter + chainsword or bolt pistol and chainsword, you could model deathcompany with 2 chainswords, but you'd need to also represent their other armament somehow.  So the real problem with the idea is that the double chainsword is ambiguous as to what they actually have.  But if you put pistol holsters on all their legs, then it becomes obvious what their armament is.

Whereas you could model DC with 2x bolt pistol, and because that's not even an option its obvious that they're bolt pistol and chainsword.

If your talking about a stalker bolter im assuming you have played the space marine computer game?

Any marine can have a stalker bolter model wise, IIRC its just a bolter with a scope that fires special rounds. Basicly if you model one with a scope and/or a custom barrel youve got a stalker bolter :) in game it doesent do anything though.. Like wolf_pack said Telion is the only one who has rules and the model for it. Theres nothing stopping you from modelling two pistols or close combat weapons on a model just so long as you renember they still are pistol+chainsword in the game. The only dual pistol load out you can have is bolt pistol + plasma/ifernus pistol or taking 2 plasma/infernus pistols (prettty pricey though...) and its not all THAT effective in the game to be honest...

Ive got a plasmapistol/boltpistol tactical sargeant myself but never played him yet ermm.gif for the price though id call it a expensive combi weapon that can fire more then once. Range is more limited to. But oh boy, does the model look bad ass! woot.gif

Not to hi-jack the thread but I have a question about the Gunslinger rule. Under 5th edition, I modeled 3 of my assault marines with dual BPs, Vet with BP/PP, and Sgt. with PP/PW. They used to just be BP+CCW. How does that work with the Gunslinger rule? My reading says that the Vet and the Sgt are the only ones that can actually have the extra shooting attack, as the other assault marines don't actually have an option to replace their chainsword with a different pistol.

Correct. You cant give him 2 pistols if you dont got the option to give him a 2nd one. In that case explain to your opponent that the model just looks bad ass whistlingW.gif Veterans and sergeants on the other hand CAN take a (extra) pistol so in that case the chainsword would be replaced :)

Archived