flesh tearers?

Other than Brobriel Seth, nothing special about them anymore.

This....

Other then a different painjob and having a seperate special character theyre just blood angels. Their death company (and I think SG) have different colours to. But tabletop wise, no difference

They are far more rag-tag than the BA. The Chapter only numbers just over 400 marines. They do not follow the BA rules for helmet colours to denote squads. They do have a death company which has been confirmed as being the same colour as the BA. They also have a Sanguinary Guard going by the new Codex, which would follow the same colours as the BA ones.

They do not have a lot of heavy mechanised vehicles and tanks. This should not be a problem in a one off game as you are representing a strike force, not the entire chapter.

They have used chain-axes since the Chapter was formed. You may model these on your marines if you like but they do not have any special rules.

In their fluff they have a higher rate of marines falling to Death Company, so I try and always include a unit in my lists for fluff purposes.

Other than Seth, nothing special. You can try and model and play them in a slightly different style to try and accompany their fluff, though. They have the richest fluff depth of any BA successor chapter, which makes them popular in that regard. They're quite keen to get stuck in and attack the enemy, and very bloodthirsty, so I'd use mostly assault troops and try and fit in a unit of DC. Seth would add a lot to the theme, though finding somewhere to put him could be quite tricky. They had an index astartes a while back which should still be floating around in the ether somewhere.

@Dem, its Angels Encarmine you're thinking of - they have white SG and DC

@Dem, its Angels Encarmine you're thinking of - they have white SG and DC

Aaaah thanks for that mate :) I knew one of the succesor had the alternate colour but after making my post I wasent sure if it was them! Thanks for clarifying it! :tu:

Seth is a pretty beastly IC for 160 points if you ask me. Hitting at S8 means he wounds most models on a 2+ and if a toughness 4 model fails 1 wound (say due to rending?) he gets instant killed nuke.gif highly overrated IC imho. Most people scoff abit that he allows saves sweat.gif

They have the richest fluff depth of any BA successor chapter, which makes them popular in that regard.

I'd argue that the Lamenters are just as fluffed out, especially with the Badab War books form Forgeworld. Tougher to paint, though, which it probably why there are more who play them.

The fact that the Death Company is no longer a random chance to dice rolls really changes what made them 3rd Edition fun to use. Then again, they're easy to represent based on current rules, too.

Archived