voting complete, winners anounced!

I really do want to thank everybody for their votes! I have especially enjoyed the reasons given. some is purely fluff driven, which is awesome. and others just because of the colors, and still others simple based on the rarity of the chapter in question. It just goes to show you that there's so many ways to approach this hobby!

Revilers - Because no one seems to do them

Raptors - Because they are essentially an army of Solid Snake tongue.png

Star Dragons - Because they look kinda cool and I've never heard of them laugh.png

Excellent choices man! It's funny, I didn't even know the Star dragon existed until the day I started the vote! I found them in the 1000 chapter project! even if the have very little fluff I love the color. what's not to like about dark armor and silver/white back pack

There's some mention of them in Fate weaver SMB.smile.png

Oh, of course YOU would know that bro! for real though, I must read this book!

Storm Wardens, Gardians of the covenant (because the example in the DA codex is awesome) and Raptors (you don't have any dark colored marine)

Again, great choices! I totally agree, the Guardians of the covenant are awesome, great color scheme, great fluff! If the Raptors get chosen(and it looks like they will for now) I will have to steel Hiro and the Yak's color scheme. and it will be nice to do an army however the Hell I want!

Oh, and your avatar, definitely a little bit Epic! CROM!

Totals updated

Revilers (Nice grey and no one does them), Star Dragons (really liked them in Architect of Fate) and Skull Bearers (awesome name and they're yellow).

Holy crap, someone voted for the Skull bearers! thanks for that. What's the deal with the Star Dragons, what were they like? I only know what's on the wiki, and it doesn't get into their collective personality. although doing them would mean I'd get to paint some blood swords as well, and that would be cool!

The Revilers well they are probably just like grey Raptors.........but, the whole jungle/wet weather combat is cool, and I'd have a reason to break out my Catachans!

on the Skull bearers, not a lot of fluff on these guys, but that's cool. I will go with the Executioners lineage, that way I'll just use the Badab books! My main point of consternation with these  guys is that some sources claim yellow armor, while others claim gold armor! the gold would be cool, but maybe a bit much in numbers! If I go yellow it will probably be mor of an Imperial Fist yellow. maybe I would go yellow with gold for the command/officers.

Oh well, I tried! laugh.png

But I look forward to seeing your subsequent armies take shape happy.png

Rainbow Warriors, Rainbow Warriors and maybe Iron Snakes. Reason? Sweet colour scheme, original Rogue Trader chapter, plus try to google a nicely painted Rainbow Warriors army. Iron Snakes because again I like the scheme and again try to find a nicely painted Snakes army. 

Rainbow Warriors, Rainbow Warriors and maybe Iron Snakes. Reason? Sweet colour scheme, original Rogue Trader chapter, plus try to google a nicely painted Rainbow Warriors army. Iron Snakes because again I like the scheme and again try to find a nicely painted Snakes army.

I thought F-P was already doing Iron Snakes. And ouch, I didn't think mine were painted that bad laugh.png

I thought F-P was already doing Iron Snakes. And ouch, I didn't think mine were painted that bad laugh.png

No brother, your Rainbow Warriors are amazing! and yes the Iron Snakes are already in so, I gonna go ahead and say 3 for the Rainbow Warriors!

totals updated!

Well, this has ran out of steam, and I would prefer not to beat a dead horse! so I am gonna call it!

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i438/furioso-prime/Storm_Warden.pnghttp://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i438/furioso-prime/Guardians_of_Celeres_marine-1.jpghttp://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i438/furioso-prime/Raptors_Marine-2.jpg

Here are the winners, next up is "a Tale of 6 Armies"

You stay classy San Diego

This is gonna be good! Can't wait to see what you'll do with the Guardians of Celeres!

Cambrius

well, that's the trick isn't it? the celeries were the personal guard of the founder of Rome, Romulous. they are speculated to be a cavalry troop as the literal translation of Celeres is "the swift" so, I might be leaning towards a Bike Army.

On a side note Prime, you could have done a Deathwatch Army and did all of the ones you stated. Thoughts?

You  know, I had considered that, a lot actually. but, I am all about the heraldry and the general Panoply of the Space Marines. I guess doing Raptors will challenge me a bit as I need to gear for covert ops. I had also considered doing a "Zeist Campaign" type force with multiple chapters(codex of course) involved. I may still do that last one.......

Star Phantoms, Storm Wardens and Raptors.

>Guardians of Celeres.

I swear, sometimes I must be psychic.

*Runs away from the Templars and Grey Knights.

Don't worry, the 6 Armies got your back! we won't let em get you!

Surely having others vote for the army you will collect is a silly idea, as it will forever be an army that someone else has picked for you, and not the one you chose yourself.

You will be more likely to have a change of heart and decide not to collect them, as wit the Ultramarines.

I'd suggest painting up a model from each shortlist and seeing what paint scheme you enjoy doing the most. Or if you like too many chapters, make a crusade company. 

Archived