voting complete, winners anounced!

Surely having others vote for the army you will collect is a silly idea, as it will forever be an army that someone else has picked for you, and not the one you chose yourself.

You will be more likely to have a change of heart and decide not to collect them, as wit the Ultramarines.

I'd suggest painting up a model from each shortlist and seeing what paint scheme you enjoy doing the most. Or if you like too many chapters, make a crusade company. 

that is an incredibly valid argument. the ultras just didn't fit, I can't really explain why. but, each of these armies are ones the I have been interested in for a long time, or it was a love at first sight type of deal! I am a firm believer of peer involvement, I frequently have votes as to what unit type is next or with the ETL, which force to do(first). it's just my style!

right now I am using the Testors sheets. be careful though, they are kinda a wonky size. some decals will be too big.

truth be told, I'm a little tech retarded with stuff like that. oh, and make sure you max the resolution on your printer settings first!

Surely having others vote for the army you will collect is a silly idea, as it will forever be an army that someone else has picked for you, and not the one you chose yourself.

You will be more likely to have a change of heart and decide not to collect them, as wit the Ultramarines.

I'd suggest painting up a model from each shortlist and seeing what paint scheme you enjoy doing the most. Or if you like too many chapters, make a crusade company. 

that is an incredibly valid argument. the ultras just didn't fit, I can't really explain why. but, each of these armies are ones the I have been interested in for a long time, or it was a love at first sight type of deal! I am a firm believer of peer involvement, I frequently have votes as to what unit type is next or with the ETL, which force to do(first). it's just my style!

No worries, I would just hate to see effort go into an army that will be abandoned after a while!

I have my own issues with choosing a chapter. I play BA, but get bored of them easily, I want some Mentors, and I have a growing army of Omega Marines, and would like to do fists at some point.

So what's the overall goal? Making a thousand points or so of each army? Just some units? 

I'm going with the idea of painting each unit in the colours of the chapter I think fits them best. Next for vanilla marines, Ill be doing a Mentors Pedro and Sternguard.

Well my main plan is 2k in each of the six armies that'll be 12k a decent Apocalypse force! but, one of these armies will become my Primary force and will definitely exceed the 2k cap. right now I am leaning towards Raptors, But the Storm Wardens have the Coolest fluff I've read in a long time! but as a retired Army Ranger, the Raptors will probably win out in the end.

after this six Armies have run their course, I plan on starting some IG, Sisters, and *sigh* Grey knights, I guess.

On to your forces, BA where one of my very first interests and I still have a lot of BA bitz, which will be dispersed through out my Lamenter. I love the BA, but don't like painting red that much!

Omega Marines you say? that is cool as censored.gif ! I love those guys too, they almost made it into the last vote!

and the Mentors, don't get me started! they're awesome as well. I prefer the RT era owl chapter badge though!

I'm going to friend you now, as I like talking to people who make me look at my decisions and really think about them.

the Six Armies are watching,

prime

Haha, thanks!

BA where one of my very first interests and I still have a lot of BA bitz, which will be dispersed through out my Lamenter. I love the BA, but don't like painting red that much!

Omega Marines you say? that is cool as censored.gif ! I love those guys too, they almost made it into the last vote!

and the Mentors, don't get me started! they're awesome as well. I prefer the RT era owl chapter badge though!

Not wanting to derail, but seeing as the votes have been cast:

The BA were my first army, and played them for many years when I was the only one using them in our store, but with many others taking up BA with the latest codex, they didn't feel my own any more.

I decided to start up another chapter a while back, and was flip flopping between them on a daily basis. I wanted white marines, but not white scars. I messed around a little with The Masters of Proteus, who I may return to sometime (because of the awesome name...) but then moved to Omegas, who were an experiment into a split scheme (and never having painted white and black) and free hand. The defense of the Ghattana bay processing plant at Armageddon 3 were also an excuse to have a MotF/dread army, as the Omegas fielded 9 dreads at that battle. smile.png. The Mentors. Well. I love the background, and think models look awesome in their scheme. I was going to have the newer-tech models (Stormtalon, Thunderfire) in the Mentor scheme.

The Star Phantoms are also an army that I would like to dabble in, great scheme, cool iconography.

I have in the past been tempted by Storm Wardens: it's an awesome scheme, you'll have fun with them. The GoC also look good, and will be striking on the tabletop.

One thing I can suggest is to not just theme your armies by paint scheme, but also by composition. Make them radically different, so lots of Dev's in the star phantoms, have one force mechanised, etc, dont repeat the same units between them too much, otherwise youre making the same army over and over.

Here's an Omega, to whet your whistle msn-wink.gif

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Omega%20Marines/31517_md-40000BlackOmegaSpaceSpaceM.jpg

That Omega is the biz!

yep, All my armies will have just enough differences to matter. I am even thinking of Using the Space Wolves dex for the Storm Wardens! (that way I'll have effectively cover the big four!)

Revilers (Nice grey and no one does them), Star Dragons (really liked them in Architect of Fate) and Skull Bearers (awesome name and they're yellow).

Holy crap, someone voted for the Skull bearers! thanks for that. What's the deal with the Star Dragons, what were they like? I only know what's on the wiki, and it doesn't get into their collective personality. although doing them would mean I'd get to paint some blood swords as well, and that would be cool!

The Revilers well they are probably just like grey Raptors.........but, the whole jungle/wet weather combat is cool, and I'd have a reason to break out my Catachans!

on the Skull bearers, not a lot of fluff on these guys, but that's cool. I will go with the Executioners lineage, that way I'll just use the Badab books! My main point of consternation with these  guys is that some sources claim yellow armor, while others claim gold armor! the gold would be cool, but maybe a bit much in numbers! If I go yellow it will probably be mor of an Imperial Fist yellow. maybe I would go yellow with gold for the command/officers.

I know the vote is over and I should have probably checked on this sooner, but I want to answer your Star Dragons question. I liked them a lot because they seemed really honourable, they're watching over their Blood Sword brothers as they go on a penitent crusade. They seemed kind of like big brothers watching out for the family. They do it out of a sense of honor not for the Inquistion or some other organization. They also seemed to have some issue with the Inquisition as well. It's been a few monthes and books since I read Architect of Fate so my memory is a little fuzzy, but while reading them I did almost start up a small army for them and an ally unit of Blood Swords because I enjoyed them both so much.

Archived