Drop Pod Inertial Guidance

Ushtarador

It's yet another messy rule.

Plus it's an event that shouldn't happen, setting the target site within 12" of a board edge is asking for trouble. Especially with the 6" disembark move, there really is no reason to take that sort of risk.

We're probably going to end up going in circles again as it's a 50:50 argument, again (we're having a lot of them recently tongue.png )

That's when you know you have a good, rousing debate going. When it's all against one, with no shifting of positions - you've usually got an obstinate argument going on. :tu:

We're probably going to end up going in circles again as it's a 50:50 argument, again (we're having a lot of them recently tongue.png )

If the answer was clear we wouldn't be discussing it. tongue.png If there isn't a clear resolution, with page references, within three replies there probably never will be.

Plus it's an event that shouldn't happen, setting the target site within 12" of a board edge is asking for trouble. Especially with the 6" disembark move, there really is no reason to take that sort of risk.

Ahh messed this up... ot was supposed to be with quote.

Just gotta say... if the best spot for the drop pods cargo is right beside the table edge. and I mean a: 'if I land here and pull this off I will win for sure'spot. I will try to land there! Every time. when it works out its amazing and fun to watch!

Mind you I'm not playing tournaments. Just friendly/competitive games with friends. does suck when your men just die, tho i only ever seem to loose dreads to the table edge.

Sorry if this doesn't belong on this thread

Well, especially against castling people like IG and stuff, it's quite often very safe to land close to the table edge because there are units between the pod and the table edge, and I believe it's not even possible to scatter a pod over a tank - as long as the guidance system kicks in that is.

I think for now I will follow the interpretation that you mishap as soon as you cross the table edge and before the guidance system kicks in, but it's more of a gut feeling than anything else.

In friendly games it doesn't really matter it's true, but at tournaments it's a big deal if you give away 200 points and first blood in your own first turn dry.png

• 2 weeks later...

The way I've always intepreted is that IG lets you reduce the scatter if a unit or other obstacle would prevent you legally placing the drop pod on the board. If the drop pod has scattered slightly off the board then you could not legally place the unit on the board whether the obstacle was there or not.

Therefore I'd come down on the mishap side of the fence.

It's certainly not clear though laugh.png

When I first started reading this thread I as a user of Drop Pods was clearly on the line of "It's over the table edge it's a mishap" but as I read the arguments I can see how this can go both ways.

Personally for friendly games I am diffidently going to continue to call this rule in the "Screw Me" manner but when it comes to tournaments I think that maybe you should bring this up to the tournament judge before the event begins and get a clear ruling for that event. This is one of those rules I honestly don't see GW clarifying for us anytime soon.

Archived