Gunslingers

Theredknight

I have dual plasma on my tactical sergeant and also build a gunslinger captain with two plasma. Works nice.

Isn't it too expencive, to give your captain 2 plasma pistols? 

Pricey perhaps, but BS 5 and an extra atk from 2 one-handed weapons.

Baba, have you tried this gunslinger h flamers? I haven't had the chance to game yet!!

I have not. But that's because I rather use melta weapons over flamers when it comes to special weapons; I think BA have enough close combat power to crack light infantry without the need for templates.

• 2 weeks later...

I like dual plasma on my ASM melta squads. 4 high impact shots is nice against alot pre assault. MEQ, Termies, MC and light veichles. Not sure i like it on tacticals, although i havent tried.You will have to decline all challenges, but he dosnt to that much in CC anyways. 

Actually when hes in combat id say your pretty safe to accept challenges. If you decline he cant fight at all depriving you of attacks. If he dies, he dident have any combat weapons so your not losing (much) while the pistols are expensive id doubt you would be able to use them more then once or twice in any battle anyway whistlingW.gif

Actually when hes in combat id say your pretty safe to accept challenges. If you decline he cant fight at all depriving you of attacks. If he dies, he dident have any combat weapons so your not losing (much) while the pistols are expensive id doubt you would be able to use them more then once or twice in any battle anyway whistlingW.gif

I guess it depends if you are expecting to win combat. I've only tried plasma pistols a few times with Dante, it works better with hit and run since you can leave combat in the end of opponents turn, shoot and then re-assault. The squad did very well against MC and terminators, but i havent tried it to extensive yet.

2 melta and 2 pistols should on avreage kill 2 meq, factor in the bolt pistol attacks and your looking at 2-3 dead meq pre assault. You should be fine fighting without sergeant vs a squad without an IC. Though on the flipside your kinda screwed if you get assaulted, but the jump packs make this easier. The idea with muliple gunslingers would be to collapse on problem units with multiple of your own units killing them fast. Like vs TH termies you would want to take out many before they can strike back, this tactic would work with power weapons aswell kinda, but if you get challenged and the IC makes his invul save, your sergeant will be dead making it harder to win CC round 2.

Archived