Land Raider Terminus Ultra

Is this tank a legal entry for the Dark ANgels? and where in heaven's m name is it described ...

.. I remember it being listedin a white dwarf but has it ever been listed as a unit anywhere else? Apocalypse?, Forge World Imperial Armour? etc

SG

Game-Workshop Data Sheet only - It's a really cool unit.  Kind of expensive, but less so now that they have an upgrade kit that is just the Razorback Turret Sprue and the Predator Sponson Sprue.

Iv'e got one that's about 45% painted.  I need to finish it.  Need another PtR type event so that I have incentive :D

Paul

i have the model. actually was able to pick up one off ebay, NIB from the release which sold as a complete kit. it was nice to have, but kind of goofy. the rear sponsons dont set flat against the model because the front sponsons are in the way. i have to turn them around backwards to store it.

@ arizonajirt : that´s actually the point that annoys me a lot : the sponsons clearly don't fit and prevent each other to fire.

Really looks like someone tried to glue the maximum lascannons on a single tank. I'm surprised not to see a predator turret on the top of the tank :D

Thanks chaps. I did find my copy of WD 333/334 (Aus/UK) which introduced the tank but I noted that it is not described in any of the Apocalypse FG publications.

As for turrets, I did see a Salamander Terminus Ultra with two predator turrets above the tracks replacing the side sponsons...looks so much better.. smile.png

Land Raider Terminus Ultra with Two Turrets

Land Raider Terminus Ultra with One Predator Turret

SG

Your top link is broken.  Needs a ".jpg" added to the end.  

The bottom one doesn't have enough Las Cannons.  The Top one looks cool, but you'd need to sacrifice a second predator outside of the upgrade sprue to make it work, so I don't know how effective it would be.  

While I admit that the rear sponsons not facing 100% forward is silly, it's not hard to get around.  a reasonable opponent will understand.  There was also a version that I saw with the Twin-Linked and Standard Las Cannons built into one sponson - it was pretty cool.  

Best,

Paul 

I Have to say that I am still seldom using mine and it is always usefull in Apoc Game as Titan Hunter, Here is my Dark Angel version of this Main Battle Tank, mainly off the shelf with just a couple of minor conversions.

gallery_33535_5835_102299.jpg

Archived