We shall stalk the stars...something new and a question

Enter the Predators

The great ship groaned. Navigating the labyrinthine rubble field was pushing the Shield of Toncharin beyond her design limitations. But safety mattered little when survival was the goal.

"Get me more speed". Harran barked from behind the command console.

"There isn't any more" Char thought to herself, not moving to obey the demand. Her mind was consumed with the sorrowful sounds echoing through the cruiser's hull.

"You get on that com and tell the engineering deck that if they ever want to visit another whore house they better GET ME MORE SPEED!"

"Half the engine decks are on fire and the men that aren't fighting fires are already dead." Char was shocked by her own words, as if her mouth hadn't bothered to ask her brain what to say. Harran just looked at her, seemingly as shocked as she was.

"Sensorum report", Harran called pulling his attention away from Char for a moment.

"They're still with us sir" the young man at the scope stammered. His face showing every ounce of the fear that gripped the bridge crew.

"We'll be in the open in two" the helmsman called out.

"Make for the second moon. We'll try and sling shot around" Harran called back.

"We'll see how like the bloody Nova right in their faces". "Surely their armor isn't proof against that." Char realized that Harran was looking at her again. And that the second statement hadn't been a statement but a question. She shrugged, cocking her head to one side. She had no knowledge of Astartes ship patterns or their capabilities. All she knew was that this Astartes ship had ambushed them. What bothered her was that they had been able to escape. Charlize Naiga had the gut feeling that they were being allowed to run, and that couldn't be good. The ship that was chasing them must be a "Strike Cruiser" she thought, as it was smaller than The Shield. Char was shaken from her thoughts by the helmsman calling out again.

"Brace for gravity well" the helmsman called. Harran replied the same. Char took the com and began to give the ship wide notice but was cut short by the screaming sensorum operator.

"THEY'RE IN FRONT OF US!" the man screamed over and over. Harran jogged up the bridge to the scope pushing the hysterical man to the floor.

"Holy..." Harran trailed off, all color had left his face. Char looked at the scope and then the pictcap screen. The ship, a twin to the one pursuing them, was hiding behind the second moon. Time was up the crew of The Shield of Toncharin. When the Governor of the sector capitol had led the entire sector into rebellion the count down to this moment had begun, and now...it was over.

"Make ready to receive boarders" Char called out, again surprised that she had said something aloud. She drew the autopistol she carried in a shoulder rig and double checked it. Placing the pistol back in the rig she realized the scar over her right breast was still sore. The mark of the new faith. All senior level officers had been required to take the mark and the faith of the sector's rebellion. Char had only been promoted two weeks prior. A chill chased her spine and her skin prickled at the static buildup that signaled a teleportation incoming. The only thing Charlize could think to do was pray to the Immortal Emperor for forgiveness. The last thing she saw was a burgundy clad giant with great golden wings.

Fraters I present to you
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s565/nick_buchanan1/image_zps6fe3a607.jpg
Horatio Agathon Arch Commander and Castellan Majorus of the Smilodons.

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s565/nick_buchanan1/image_zpsfbd9cb65.jpg
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s565/nick_buchanan1/6361584a-6050-4c0f-b0fd-c1cc582c2b07_zps11eac9b8.jpghttp://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s565/nick_buchanan1/1ef303b8-d3b1-4ebd-9e46-2576fa1c9e92_zps45165a5d.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived