Shackle Soul and Eldar

Brother Noah

Has anyone looked at our codex power "Shackle Soul" recently? As I see it, it causes enemy units to take leadership tests whenever they are attempting to move, shoot, run, and assault. It also states that if a unit attempts to run and fails its leadership test, that it may not choose to shoot instead and vice versa. While I understand this power could be potentially situational, how does that sound against the upcoming Eldar Codex? This power could potentially ruin the new ability of the Eldar to both shoot and run or run and then shoot in the same phase. They would have to take leadership tests for both. And if they failed the first leadership test, they would be able to perform neither action. 

As an aside; the power states that units must take a leadership test each time it wishes to shoot, would that include overwatch?

Has anyone looked at our codex power "Shackle Soul" recently? As I see it, it causes enemy units to take leadership tests whenever they are attempting to move, shoot, run, and assault. It also states that if a unit attempts to run and fails its leadership test, that it may not choose to shoot instead and vice versa. While I understand this power could be potentially situational, how does that sound against the upcoming Eldar Codex? This power could potentially ruin the new ability of the Eldar to both shoot and run or run and then shoot in the same phase. They would have to take leadership tests for both. And if they failed the first leadership test, they would be able to perform neither action. 

As an aside; the power states that units must take a leadership test each time it wishes to shoot, would that include overwatch?

Hmmmm, on the surface would sound good until you remember the Eldar are themselves supposed to be masterful psykers so they always have been good at dealing with psyker shenanigans. It will be an even better bet that the new codex will be chock full of psychic cheese and they'll probably be really good at preventing other armies from getting much use from their own warp smiths

Office Temp - the eldar lose most of their psychic block stuff. Theyre considerably nerfed in that regard! smile.png

This news makes Mephiston happy! Now just 'nids and wolves left...

In fact, theres nothing they have that can stop Mephies passive abilities :D So yes, just Nids and Wolves left :D

Archived