Brotherhood of Lions - DIY 27th Founding

Mogsam

For the 27th founding project I've decided to go whole hog and change my previous army into this current one. Here are the first four finished models - some tartoros terminators.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll277/mogsam_moogle/3-1.jpeg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll277/mogsam_moogle/2-1.jpeg

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll277/mogsam_moogle/1.jpeg

bl.php?text=Brotherhood%20of%20Lions&fontsize=25&bg=696969
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll277/mogsam_moogle/brotherhood.jpg

[/td][td=70%]

CHAPTER NAME: .............. Brotherhood of Lions.
FOUNDING: .................. Twenty Seventh.
CHAPTER WORLD: ............. Multalum.
FORTRESS MONASTERY: ........ The Monastery.
GENE-SEED (PREDECESSOR): ... Ultramarine Stock.
KNOWN DESCENDANTS: ......... None.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll277/mogsam_moogle/lion.jpg
bl.php?text=Founding&fontsize=25&bg=696969
T
he Brotherhood of Lions are a chapter from the 27th founding. (See the WIP forum for this project)
bl.php?text=Early%20History&fontsize=25&bg=696969
T
he Brotherhood draw their recruits from the world of Multalun, a world in the Galactic West. Multalun was previously a world that had rebelled against the Imperium five years before the Brotherhoods arrival with the local governor having declared independence and renamed himself King, the local PDF acting as his enforcers. The Brotherhood of Lions were diverted to restore Imperial authority to the planet. The planet was quickly subdued by the chapter in a display of brutal repression in which the capital was leveled completely from orbit. With the flattening of the 'King' the chapter claimed the world as its own.
bl.php?text=Homeworld&fontsize=25&bg=696969
A
fter claiming the planet each company was given a city and set to task to covert it into a loyal and productive center for the chapter. Completely taking over the settlements they imposed strict rules onto every facet of the peoples lives. Large centers were created and designed entirely around the concept of testing the children for induction into the ranks of the Astartes. Many thousands are rejected and those who show insufficient physical worth are instead inducted into serfdom.
The chapter built its monastery at the bottom of the crater that once was the capital. The unimpressive structure shows only a massive flat pad with the chapters symbol on a door, from the top it appears unimpressive. However within the structure it is a massive sprawling complex that can house many hundreds of marines at any time. The crater is also the location for the chapters recruiting rituals. Whilst the chapter has academies in every city they are just to prepare the potential recruits for the descent.
bl.php?text=Recruitment&fontsize=25&bg=696969
P
art of the final test of a potential Astartes is to find a way to descend to the monastery. Each recruit spends years learning survival skills, physical strength, bravery and faith in their own abilities. Each of these talents is required to pass the final exam. Each candidate is required to make a pilgrimage to the monastery and find a way to the center of the crater. Whilst it is possible for the candidate to physically climb down to the goal it is incredibly demanding and most who attempt it alone fail. Instead the candidates are expected to use their ingenuity or teamwork to achieve their goal. Several of the texts they are taught as part of their studies tell of men mimicking angels and descending from the heavens. Those who absorb such ideas inevitably try to recreate the descent on wings they have designed.
Those who survive the descent are taken into the scout company.
bl.php?text=Beliefs&fontsize=25&bg=696969
U
nusually for Astartes the Brotherhood of Lions believe fervently in the Emperor as a God.
The Brotherhood are feverant believers in the rule of law and organisation. Their entire entire culture is designed around maintaining an effective fighting force and efficient society. They have become obsessed with seeking perfection in themselves. The Brotherhood also train thousands of their serfs to wield weapons. These men are often deployed as auxiliary forces for the chapters wars.
bl.php?text=Organisation&fontsize=25&bg=696969
T
he chapter is very straight forward in its approaches. Nearly every battle they fight on their own terms involves drop podding directly into the midst of their enemies to disrupt and demoralize their enemies. As a result of this aggressive approach they maintain many more 'assault' companies than other chapters. Similarly the increased casualty rate of such aggressive tactics has resulted in a great emphasis being placed on the apothecary core. Indeed it has been known for an apothecary to rise through the ranks and even reach the position of captain.
Due to the chapters preference of direct assaults they keep few squads of devastators and relatively few tanks.
Every company is responsible for sending recruits to the monastery but they will not necessarily receive a brother from their city.
bl.php?text=%20Geneseed&fontsize=25&bg=696969
T
he chapter are descendant from the Ultramarines however are known to be uninterested in maintaining a relationship after the Altarian Crisis.
A quirk of their homeworld has resulted in the entire chapter having copper like skin tones.

I do indeed! I found an image I liked and made some. One of the perks of fixing UV printers for a living is access to machines that can print decals!

Archived