Cates everything Space Wolves

Cate

This is where I am going to keep all the Space wolf stuff I have done, most of it is Wip so it is better that is here than in Hall of Honours.

So to start at the beginning. I am not a fan of the baby blue 40k wolves, so I have gone with the more HH stone grey colour. The great company's colour is red as it can be seen on the left shoulder. Mark of the wulfen is symbolised with parts of the marines helmet painted red. Some pictures are taken with my phone and some are taken with a professional camera and some picture editing. :)

In this thread you will not see any thunder wolves as they are in my opinion one of the most silly ideas ever come out from GW, large packs of fenrisian wolves is not something that will been seen either. As you can see there is a Storm lord painted in Space wolf colours and marked with heraldry of the wolves, yes I know that marines are not allowed to have Imperial guard toys, but I always explain the Storm lord and my other Imperial guard toys as they are part of the Aett guard on fenris and that my company always brings along some on their travels. A company of 100-150 marines are not effective how ever you think about it, so there is probably a regiment or two tagging along every chapter, and whenever the guys you never expect asks about it, you just claim they hitched along as you moved between battlefields. :)

I am more of a fluff player than a tactician and I never play against waac players more than once. So if you have opinions on how I have equipped my fellows don't expect to get an answer. :) Otherwise feel free to write something here. :)

/C

Wolf Lord in TDA

gallery_5565_7507_1997.jpg

The company this far.

gallery_5565_7507_177767.jpg

Standard coloured wolf

gallery_5565_7507_71331.jpg

Dread

gallery_5565_7507_3765.jpg

Rune priest with support.

gallery_5565_7507_112895.jpg

Lord with Guards

gallery_5565_7507_15130.jpg

Contemptor and Storm lord

gallery_5565_7507_26288.jpg

Razorback

gallery_5565_7507_4499.jpg

Huh...did you change gray formulas as you went along?  Some of these are the very mute grayscale gray, while the army pics clearly show the blue-gray and the Razorback is a steel gray.

Of course it's easy to tell that the lighting and setting is drastically different between the large shots and the singulars, but still, that's quite a big difference in tone.

Anyway, pretty nice looking force.  Much luck to them in their war to reclaim the world of Couch IV ;)

Huh...did you change gray formulas as you went along? Some of these are the very mute grayscale gray, while the army pics clearly show the blue-gray and the Razorback is a steel gray.

Of course it's easy to tell that the lighting and setting is drastically different between the large shots and the singulars, but still, that's quite a big difference in tone.

Anyway, pretty nice looking force. Much luck to them in their war to reclaim the world of Couch IV msn-wink.gif

No change in formula, just camera and photographer. But if you look really carefully you might see that the vindi and pred are painted in administratum grey and everything else is in dawnstone grey. :) The closest to the true colour is the wolf lord in TDA.

The world of Couch IV was lost. :)

/C

• 8 months later...

This is my latest wolf guard.

gallery_5565_7507_24488.jpg

gallery_5565_7507_72262.jpg

Parts used for him comes from the Chaos vehicle sprue, the Sternguard box and the Grey hunter box.

Paints are:

Vallejo Cold grey

Vallejo Carmine red

Vallejo Stonewall grey

Vallejo Dwarf Skin

Vallejo Dark fleshtone.

Army Painter Strong tone ink.

Citadel Auric armour gold

Citadel Averland sunset base.

Citadel Flash gitz yellow.

/C

Very nice stuff, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought a Stormlord was a great accompaniment to a Space Wolves force and I also painted up an Imperialis statue green marbled although I think you did a better job!

Archived