Istvaan III

slaine69

I've bee wanting to do this picture ever since I read Galaxy in flames, needless to say I nerded out on this one. hope you guys dig it, don't forget to enlarge there's plenty to see in there.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/150/e/1/istvaan_iii_by_slaine69-d675lrl.jpg

Some lovely stuff here, and the scale of the piece is daunting alone. The face of the central World Eater is the stuff war is made of thumbsup.gif

I'm left wondering how much of this is photoshop. The hazy ship in the upper right corner (and below the SoH ship) is the only reason I even thought it might be involved. It's oddly...perfect. By which I mean it doesn't seem touched by the artistic smudges on larger objects in the foreground. Kind of odd, really.

But anyway, it's the masses of clashing infantry that makes the pic for me, and they're done beautifully. Except maybe the Luna Wolf's choice of hairstyle msn-wink.gif

you know Slaine this piece is truly a wonder and a credit to you as an artist its amazing and very much gives the feel of that battle from the horus heresy novel. I could never critique something like this as its too amazing *nods lightly* but I do need to ask something... is it me or do I spy with my eye... Lucius the swordsmen in the centre of the picture towards the left. I see a marine that looks like he is wearing emperor's children with 2 swords carving up some other marines... everytime I see this pic it makes me think Lucius I was wondering if it is him or just a fluke look alike.

• 2 weeks later...

Some lovely stuff here, and the scale of the piece is daunting alone. The face of the central World Eater is the stuff war is made of thumbsup.gif

I'm left wondering how much of this is photoshop. The hazy ship in the upper right corner (and below the SoH ship) is the only reason I even thought it might be involved. It's oddly...perfect. By which I mean it doesn't seem touched by the artistic smudges on larger objects in the foreground. Kind of odd, really.

But anyway, it's the masses of clashing infantry that makes the pic for me, and they're done beautifully. Except maybe the Luna Wolf's choice of hairstyle msn-wink.gif

Thanks man I appreciate it,

Aye the pic is 100% photoshop, I think the thing that makes all the difference is the lack of colour, when you cut through all the layers, textures, effects and colours what your left with is good hard drawing, it's nice to get back there once in a while.

haha I hear you, though I don't want eeeeeveryone to have a bald head and a buzzcut

Awesome stuff mate, would love to see your take on all the HH battles.

Mmmmmm Isvaan 5 picture, I've done a couple of scenes from the dropsite massacre but nothing on this scale.

That's awesome. Do you do epic work like that all the time?

I would if I could, but this one was on my own time, here's my deviant art gallery if you wanna see some more

http://slaine69.deviantart.com/gallery/

I really like how atmospheric this piece is. The lighting and shading really reminds me of the 3rd Edition 40k art. I love it to bits, dude. thumbsup.gif

Aye totally dude, I love the old school 40k art where it's all bleached and messy as fug, glad you dig it man

Breathtaking. Its stuff like this that make the HH my favorite WH 40K era. Just epic.

Yep mine too haha, galaxy in flames was just an awesome book I had to get this picture done at some point.

You've done it again, mate.

Haha thanks man

Outstanding.

Cheers

Stunning... not much more to say really....

Thans man

you know Slaine this piece is truly a wonder and a credit to you as an artist its amazing and very much gives the feel of that battle from the horus heresy novel. I could never critique something like this as its too amazing *nods lightly* but I do need to ask something... is it me or do I spy with my eye... Lucius the swordsmen in the centre of the picture towards the left. I see a marine that looks like he is wearing emperor's children with 2 swords carving up some other marines... everytime I see this pic it makes me think Lucius I was wondering if it is him or just a fluke look alike.

That is indeed Lucius in there, along with Saul Tarvits, Loken, Torgaddon, Khârn, Angron, Dies Irae, The Vengful Spirit and the Pride of the Emperor, as I said before, I nerded out on this pic.

Archived