stupid awsome or just stupid. needing opinions.

I've been running huron (fred) blackheart and the red corsairs but to not much success. I believe my problem is that fred gives me a d3 infiltratiors and I don't have the best units for infiltrate. I'm running 20 marines in one squad, six bikes, three obliterators and four squads of cultists. I have had my eye on a flying daemon prince of nurgle/ the brand of iyghitfvbhfdru and power armor. would said daemon prince do well with infiltrate, are flying monster creatures worthy or too risky?

When you said you've got the wrong units for infiltrating, you weren't kidding.  The 20 man blob is one thing, but the rest of your army either doesn't want to be close, or can get there on their own.  As for the daemon prince, no, you don't want to Infiltrate one of those; you cannot charge in the first turn if you Infiltrated.  You're better off starting him behind terrain and Swooping first turn, or starting in Reserve and Swooping onto the table.

I highly recommend that you duck into the Chaos Ascendant forum and hit up some of the folks in there about army building and what goes best with Huron.

Remember that Infiltrate also gives the ability to Outflank (in a Dedicated Transport if needs be).

IIRC you can give Havocs 4 Special Weapons, which opens the possibility of either immediate in-your-face quad flamer action, or flank attacks with Plasma Guns.

Archived