Help find a legion for this Centurion

Hey folks, so I'm starting up a Legion army with my brother (He is being Sons of Horus), and I've bought my first two models for the army already, the Legion Champion and Master of Signal.

The Master of Signal was made in the same way Forgeworld did theirs with no adjustments, but my Champion (who will be my Centurion) has been assembled different somewhat, the only problem now is trying to find a legion that the finished model can fit in with.

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/Adamfwc/f88a207b-66e9-4f87-a87b-4fe52e396434_zpseea5343c.jpg?t=1370090742

Ideally I'd of preferred him to of had a Mk3 Iron Helm, and a normal Mk2/3 backpack, but sadly I've neither of them available and I'm too impatient to wait to get them. (When I get models and I have glue available, they need to be made within a few hours...)

Anyway, as you can see I changed a few minor parts of the Model, I gave him a thunder hammer from the Mk4 power weapons kit, and also a Plasma pistol from it, and adjust the helm by removing the crest.

I'd of most likely gone ahead and made him a Dark Angel if I had gotten the helm and backpack I wanted, but now I'm unsure of which legion this model fits into, main concern being the eagle backpack that I've not really been too fond off. I Ideally want to be a (dirty) loyalist chapter since my brother stole the traitor slide slot, and as much as I could be a traitor legion, I'd just not enjoy the Traitor vs Traitor games as compared to Loyalist vs Traitor.

Dark Angels are still tempting, but it lacks any Dark Angels iconography etc. His helm without the crest seems more knightly, but that just doesn't seem to cut it, and the backpack doesn't seem Dark Angel'y also.

So, what's peoples opinions on which legion this Centurion would fit into most likely? Any help and advice is appreciated.

(And yes, there is most likely mould lines, im a quick but lazy assembler, and the photo is terrible)

Perhaps Death Guard, they were never much for fancy decor and the like. World Eaters could work also, since they saw so much combat that all the fancy decor ended up getting cut, shot, or burned off anyway. Also, there are official rules for those two Pre-heresy legions in the Forge World HH book, so I think either of those would work nicely.

Imperial Fists maybe? Yellow is a swine to paint in my experience, but the whole siegcraft angle would dovetail in nicely with you giving the Centurion-to-be a hammer instead of his sword.

Wouldn't use him for Death Guard, but I did consider World eaters, although I wanna be the loyalist for once (dont want my World eaters to be just the ones on Istvaan 3 since that is more short-termed). Imperial fists are cool, although I'd fail so bad at painting yellow, tried before and it just never wanted to work out. I've got an abundance of Ravenwing vechile sprues which I guess could help with conversions and adding little wing bits everywhere.

Even considering removing the two eagle 'vents' and replacing them with something I just saw (for Dark Angels).

Im thinking more along the lines of Iron Hands, and they're supposed to get a new book soon, so maybe them? Although they tend to get the short end of the stick a lot. 

The Hands definitely had lots of augmentations both to themselves and their armor because the mechanicus had a thing for them, so I would think that the armor would match something like that or mimic the slapped together parts from Isstvan V. He would be a good siege breaker.

More specifically what are you leaning towards? 

Iron Warriors were tempting for ages, although if I was to get them I'd of gone with the new Cataphractii Praetor and most likely the Contemptor talon and Cataphractii 20 man set. 

I jumped the gun and made a slight adjustment to him with Dark Angel parts to see if he suits them or not.

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/Adamfwc/ff3ac688-0a17-4e42-b6ce-51248297b5d3_zps536bc87d.jpg?t=1370096695

I gave him two wings on his helm, then cut off the two Eagle Vents and replaced them with two wings each (each wing is two wings glued together). I'll try my best to get rid of that mould line on the plasma pistol too, im just too scared to ruin the natural lines in it.

Think it works or is it too much/too little?

I thought Iron Hands before your second picture. With the new additions it looks like an excellent Dark Angel. The armour parts you chose add to the knightly look.

Dark Angels black heresy colour scheme should paint up nicely too. Are you planning on joining ETL II?

Think I'm set with Dark Angels then, only problem with doing the ETL is I might not be able to get more Forgeworld goodies until after Download 2013 or if my tax im owed finally comes in...would be a very small Vow (Centurian and Master of Signal).

Archived