Omega Marines

Dosjetka

First up, Brother Altan.

http://i.imgur.com/EG5SDr1.jpg

He's missing some pouches and grenades attached to his belt, but otherwise he's ready for his white undercoat, which I'll be picking up early next week.

For those of you who haven't seen/heard of an Omega Marine before, you can read about them here.

Thanks for looking! :)

Ludo

Hope you get this going brother. They'll look great on the table top.

Aye, I do too :lol: Thanks for the comment!

DSS7: Thanks! I choose this Chapter for two reasons: they're not at all common and they have a cool (and somewhat challenging) colour scheme :)

Yes.

Solid choice of parts, will be cool to see the halved scheme done. How extensive do you plan on this being, bro? A couple one-offs or an entire army? Or will it be more dependent on how enjoyable it is?

Great choice of parts here - the mis-matched marks just work. I'll have to try that when I get my mitts on some Forgeworld bitz, so consider it stolen! ;)

I've always loved the Omega Marines' scheme, but it's sad that there isn't much fiction on them.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this, Brother. It's looking great already! :tu:

Wow, I didn't expect to get so many replies to that single picture, so thanks to y'all for the kind words and encouragement :lol:

Anaziel: Thanks mate, glad you like them too (and that I'm not alone)!

Darth Potato: Dude, it's been too long since last time we've talked. Mustn't do that again!

Anyway, I'm glad that you like the parts, especially since I think you've got a good taste when it comes to cobbling together epic-looking Astartes! To be honest though, not much thought was given. I just kinda threw the parts together and it worked good. Didn't really have the choice actually, since those are some of the only Space Marine bits I've got left! Need to restock fast :o

To answer your question, I'll be building at least one full squad of Omega Marines, for the ETL challenge. After that, we'll see: if I enjoy painting them, I'll do more; if not, then I'm not too sure what to do. Whatever the case, he's not going to be a stand-alone :)

Tellos05:Thanks mate, glad you like him!

DA: Cheers dude :) These are actually my first ever FW bitz (got them off eBay to have a nice mix) and I must say I love 'em. I think I've got resin crack addiction now :D

Aye, not much fiction on them, but it'll give me the opportunity to flesh them out a bit myself, which is cool.

Thanks furioso :)

Just a quick pictureless update to announce that I've gotten my hands on some white spray paint, a 5-man Assault Marine box and a couple of extra paints, which means that I'll be able to begin painting later on today when I get home. Expect an update (with pictures) tomorrow or on Thursday at the latest :)

Thanks for looking!

Cheers Bryan :) I'm not 100% sure, but he'll either have a RS Honour Guard Boltgun, or a normal one. Or I may get my hands on some Heresy-era ones somehow, but I can't really afford a full set from FW right now.

Archived