Outflanking Ravenwing

Tiger9gamer

So, I was thiking about the outflanking rule. is it a good idea with the Ravens? Maybe in conjunction with a Greenwing gunline for some mobility?

say, have azreal as the warlord, and then have some bikes driving around in the back?

Bikes around the back is never a bad thing. If you're also fielding Deathwing the teleport homers will come in handy deployed from the start, but with greenwing you could possibly outflank your entire Ravenwing for a devastating flank attack in turn 2. I wouldn't dare try that without Scrier's Gaze (divination 6), however.

Usually I outflank all my Attack Bikes and any 3-man melta or flamer squads I might have. Plasmas start the game at the edge of my deployment zone and scout up from there.

@Brother Brucey If he take Azrael like he said he can choose Brilliant Planning as his warlord trait to further help.

Out Flank can be devastating, but if you put too many units into reserve for it and get crappy rolls it can mean the end for you.

What Brucey said is good advice, maybe throw in a stock Libby with prescience to help ensure you take out some high priority targets.

Archived