Reclusiarch

With the reclusiarch you then have the option of using the Power Fist OR the Crozius Arcanum (so either Sx2, AP2 strikes at I1 or S+2 and AP4 striking at I). And you can throw a grenade every turn (but only 1 per squad per turn - you dont run out). A PF on its own on a 1W model with no invulnerable save is of limited use, but a PF that you can choose to use situationally, on a 3W model with an invulnerable save is a pretty good chance you'll get to use it to crump someone.

Ok so a pf is a must have, power armor or termi?

I've always stuck with power armour. We spend so much for stuff in our Codex that I always find myself needing those 30 points. Terminator Armour does sound tempting though especially if you are putting him in a Pod with DC. 2+/4++ is pretty awesome.

EDIT: Now I see why I never did it... Looks like if you go terminator armour you lose the power fist. I'd stick with power armour. You want your Reclusiarch laying the smack down.

I've found a standard reclusiarch seems to work just fine with just his regular beat stick. Of course I've so far only taken him against chaos but he seems to clobber the bejesus out of any overeager choas lords just fine and with death company any retinue accompanying the Lord gets mulched quite efficiently as well

Archived