Dusk Raiders - ETL II and beyond

Ezeriel

So finally starting a thread for my ETL II vow and showing some love to my HH models.

So I love everything about the DG from their beginning to their eventually pus filled, bloated ending. But no one really seems to do anything with their first name and color scheme which I love.

Since I don't want to make a huge army and just focus on small squads/models I like, I'm making a Dusk Raider force based on the DG who survive FoTE. No real details on what happens to them after they make it to Terra, so I'm playing it as they retake the name and colors the legion first started under.

Here's the start of my auto cannon support squad:

gallery_51465_7014_258369.jpg

My 10 man Vet Tac Squad:

gallery_51465_7014_929920.jpg

And for the final part of my first vow, Mortarion:

gallery_51465_7014_1028682.jpg

Plan to paint Mortarion in DR colors, sort of like a Dornian Heresy inspired version.

Small update.

Here's two of the auto cannon squad almost done. I went mostly with the FW scheme of the darker grey. Still need to do some highlights, touch ups, etc. But I'm pretty happy with them at the moment. The sarge has the metalic faceplate and the rest of the squad has black.

gallery_51465_7014_172382.jpg

And here's the beginning of Mortarion. Only have the base grey and the red armor done. The detail on this model is intimidating, so I plan on taking some extra time on him.

gallery_51465_7014_1884136.jpg

All C&C are welcome.

Time for another update.

Both Mortarion and the Auto Cannon Squad are coming along well. Just need to finish some small details and fix some stuff up.

First two shots of the big guy himself:

gallery_51465_7014_171983.jpg

gallery_51465_7014_684285.jpg

And here is the Auto Cannon goodness.

gallery_51465_7014_1663451.jpg

Beyond some small fixes and details these guys are just about done. Time to start focusing on the vet tac squad I've been putting off.

Archived