Sons of the Sands - the Desert Scorpions arise!

Since I've signed up to LamenterMarine's 27th Founding project, I thought I'd go a step further and throw my hat into the general WIP ring as well, since these will be a full army in time.

These lads are loyalist through and through and are patterned on the Minotaurs since with all the renegade marines popping up these days, the High Lords fancied the idea of another Chapter that could clean house when the need arose. They haven't yet seen much combat of any kind, though, and as such haven't raised the ire of any of the other Loyalists out there like the children of Ithaka have. Still time for that one.....

My lads will be heavily themed on Ancient Egypt and by that I mean the proper stuff and not GW's Psuedo-Hollywood Thousand Sons who believe that sticking a load of scarabs everywhere makes you Egyptian. Pfftttt. verymad.gif

Fluff will follow on from this as I craft it, as will a pair of Dreadnoughts, more Marines and perhaps a Storm-Tickler or two once I get into the swing of things. It's taken me about 7 attempts to get a scheme that I'm happy with and so:

gallery_34078_2164_44886.jpg

Best get cracking, then!

Nice, I like the look, and you're determination against GW's bastardizarion. Looking forward to more fluff too.

Sadly, now I'm going to have to shamelessly plug here, but you definitely need to head over to the liber and make an IA. While you're at it you should pledge a Vow for the ETL. That el show those damned renegades!

"Is that the old chaos dread hammer???"

It is indeed - and it was surprisingly straightforward to hang it off a Loyalist arm - seems to fit just right visually as well.

Well, a little more progress has been made - Scout squad Bastet, to be exact. I've tried to organise and model them like a contemporary Spec-Ops team, so we have a Grunt, Medic, Comms, Demolitions and sergeant - the latter of which has ruins the same colour as the base of my Storm Talon so these guys are the forward observers calling in the fast air.

I've gone for a more muted palette with these lads compared to their line bretheren and then hit everything with Devlan Mud to tone them down a bi further. I like to think that they work.

So, Demolitions (with a UGL) and Grunt:

gallery_34078_2164_35663.jpg

And Comms, Medic back and sergeant:

gallery_34078_2164_21777.jpg

Archived