what custom decals can do

You can go to a hobby shop and get the print off custom decals. I know Testors makes them. Make sure though when you do you get the right type of printer they have a inkjet kind and a laserjet kind. After that you can use photoshop or find a picture and print them off on the Sheets. Then you need to either buy the Testors Decal Seal or use a Gloss Clear Coat. I would say use the Decal Seal bc the clear coat works about 60% of the time.

Arkagi is pretty much dead on but I've been doing this for a while and I've made a LOT of mistakes and there's a few tips I have. Testors isn't great and as far as I know they only have a5 which is a pain. You can buy a4 water slide decal paper on amazon much cheaper than testors.

Second I would 100% recommend laser jet. The sheet is thinner, it takes the ink better so the picture is clearer and you don't have to seal it which is a pain and adds another layer.

One thing you should do is buy Microset and microsol which help adhere the decal and melt the plastic so it conforms to all the little cracks and crevices.

Good luck

Also white is a pain. either you have a special printer that prints white ink or you need to get the white back sheets and cut them to the edge of the decal. Also you can paint the area white then put the decal on and paint around it.

Archived