Chaplains and Interrogation Chaplains

Dark Bjoern

I know that 3rd to 10th Company have their "personal" chaplains as spiritual leaders. 1st Company of course an interrogation chaplain. But what about the 2nd Company? In the Codex they say that Sammael and his highranging officers, the Black Knights, knows about the Fallen. What about their chaplain? Would he be an ordinary chaplain or an interrogation chaplain?

What do you think? And do we know the name of 2nd Company´s chaplain?

From my understanding according to the codex, every company is supposed to have it's own attached chaplain. Since the Dark Angels (except for 1st and 2nd companies) comply with codex regulations, the Ravenwing should have its own Chaplain as well. Especially since in our codex we can field both types of chaplains on bikes.

All interrogator chaplains are part of the inner circle and as such, they have knowledge about the fallen. The Dark Angels promote chaplains to interrogator chaplains when it's deemed appropriate for them to know about the fallen. I would say that in charge of every company's spiritual health would be an interrogator chaplain, and there would be any number of other 'normal' chaplains spread about the companies. 

As to the naming of the chaplains, we only know for sure Asmodai - Master of Chaplains, Sapphon - Grand Master of Chaplains, Belphegor - Interrogator Chaplain of the Siege of Vraks, Seraphicus - Interrogator Chaplain of the 5th Company. Interrogator Chaplains Boreas and Molochia are known (named) chaplains but dead.

We don't have any official confirmation of the Ravenwing's Interrogator Chaplain (I haven't read "Ravenwing" the novel yet, if the 2nd company chaplain is in it I wouldn't know) so feel free to come up with your own! 

Interestingly the Chapter Organization Chart (p. 15) does not mention a Chaplain attached in the Companies. Undoubtedly the way it works will mean that, depending on the mission, the Reclusiam will assign a Chaplain as they see fit. It could be an Int. Chaplain if the possibility of running into Fallen is high, or a standard Chaplain in less critical situations... This is my read anyway.

I'm sure that given the particular role of the RW and Int. Chaplain will be assigned to them all the time.

Thanks to the Ravenwing book, we know that the at least one of the chaplains in the 2nd company is called Malcifer he was part of Sammael's command group and was not only an interrogator chaplain but also knew of Luthor's existence in the rock, it is safe to say that he knows quite a bit.

Having said that the librarian in that book, Harahel knew less although he was also part of Sammael's command.

To be honest I would think its safe to assume that there would be a few chaplains about in the Ravenwing, in a force that is indeterminate in size it wouldn't make sense just to have one and not all of them would be interrogators either.   

Thanks to the Ravenwing book, we know that the at least one of the chaplains in the 2nd company is called Malcifer he was part of Sammael's command group and was not only an interrogator chaplain but also knew of Luthor's existence in the rock, it is safe to say that he knows quite a bit.

Having said that the librarian in that book, Harahel knew less although he was also part of Sammael's command.

To be honest I would think its safe to assume that there would be a few chaplains about in the Ravenwing, in a force that is indeterminate in size it wouldn't make sense just to have one and not all of them would be interrogators either.   

Thanks alot. I didn´t have the book at Hand, but i had read it (it was fantastic)! I totally forgot about Malcifer. I only had have the libby in mind.

Then i will build me an interrogation chaplain on bike and a libby, too.

Archived