Heavy support dread drop-podded?

Niklaslinden

So is anyone fielding heavy support dreadnoughts with twinlinked heavy flamer and heavy flamer in drop pod for thinning out infantry? I often fin myself in front of big gunlines of infantry in 6th. And my jump pack marines take heavy losses on the advance. Furiosos with frag cannon seems to be very popular, but I have never seen a heavy support dread podded. They come in at 150 pts for twinlinked heavy flamer and a heavy flamer in a drop pod, so they are slightly cheaper. Although they dont get the AV 13, but they do get two strength 5 ap 4 templates. That should equal a fair amount of dead xenos

Have anyone tried it and had any luck with it or is it one of those things to stay away from and always choose the furioso instead?

I've tried it a couple of times. They don't really do a lot since my meta is 3+ heavy. You'll touch down and roast 1-2 dudes before getting glanced to death or shot in the rear AV. If your local meta is xeno heavy they are probably a lot more useful, but they really lack the utility you get from a frag cannon dread.

I completely agree. Keep in mind:

1: fragioso has a melta gun

2: you can deploy the fragioso 6" away from pod when it lands

3: if you want to nuka a tank, just use the 13 av fragioso to nuke a tank

4. Can have a magna grapple for extra tank killing.

I love Fragiosos!

Archived