Deathwing 2000pts!

Minx

I am glad everyone is enjoying these! I learned a bunch more about how to manipulate colours to increase the speed of production. It was interesting to say the least!!!

@Firepower, The predators do stand out quite a bit, but its hard to beat the appearance of contrast you can achieve on a light colour without making your dark colour feel as though it is glowing or reflecting.

The tanks highlights and shadows are very obvious in person, they do get a bit washed out in those photos, this photo below may help to show it a bit better!

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r742/Minx999/IMG_0781_zps55f711b5.jpg

Great looking army!

First, I want to thank you for not having your Cyclones on TH/SS termies... This still bugs me that it is legal... (and yes, my main army is DA)

Second, and my  only critique...

Your Land Raider sponsons are in the wrong spot.... People need to stop perpetuating this fallacy started when the 'Eavy Metal modeler made a mistake... The Box Art was correct... The model pictures were wrong... Sponson in front, door in back... That is how it should have always been....

(yes, its a pet peeve)

• 4 weeks later...

This is an absolutely stunning army. I'd love to see what you can do with a primarily black force... like Ravenwing. ;)

What I'm trying to figure out is the terminators and landraiders show an obvious 'light brown' or 'tan' coloured shade on them. Is this airbrushed on as well or is it a wash? The highlights done after the fact bring it out extremely well. I love it.

I only have Ravenwing, and am a dedicated player of them, but really wanted to start with deathwing. I couldn't decide between a 'traditional' look like you've got here, or some of the white/grey variants I have seen here.  I love what you did, and could see going with the traditional theme now that I see it like this.

Sometimes the green and red really got to me on the Termies, but it looks good on yours... very unusual.

The Nephilim(s) look great too.... I've stalled out on mine as it's so hard to actually use in a game, but it's a great piece of kit, and you've done it justice.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an absolutely stunning army. I'd love to see what you can do with a primarily black force... like Ravenwing. msn-wink.gif

What I'm trying to figure out is the terminators and landraiders show an obvious 'light brown' or 'tan' coloured shade on them. Is this airbrushed on as well or is it a wash? The highlights done after the fact bring it out extremely well. I love it.

I only have Ravenwing, and am a dedicated player of them, but really wanted to start with deathwing. I couldn't decide between a 'traditional' look like you've got here, or some of the white/grey variants I have seen here. I love what you did, and could see going with the traditional theme now that I see it like this.

Sometimes the green and red really got to me on the Termies, but it looks good on yours... very unusual.

The Nephilim(s) look great too.... I've stalled out on mine as it's so hard to actually use in a game, but it's a great piece of kit, and you've done it justice.

Sorry Ive been AWOL for a bit!

We will be doing a Ravenwing to the same standard in the new year actually!

As for the yellow brown, on the land raider is with airbrush, everything else was by hand, its a glaze, so its not placed everythwre, but in specific areas. The goal of this tone is to emphasize the highlights. You will see it on all the vehicles with different colours being used. It just helps bring brightness to the highlight and separate the the highlight and base colour.

What helps make the greens and reds look more natural is if you use the beige from your terminator scheme in the highlights, and if you use all warmer greens and reds. If you use a colder green(more blued) then it stands out against the large amount of warm beige.

Archived