Fragioso Contemptor Dreadnought

ixzion

Greetings fellow battle brothers,

I have been lurking here quite a long time but hardly post anything. However today I got a new idea that I would like to get some feedback/advice on. I have been planning to add a Fragioso Dread to my army however I would like to use a Contemptor Dread as a base instead of a Furioso. 

So the question is: 

1) Anyone have any idea idea how to convert a frag cannon for a comtemptor dread? I don't really just want to stick a Frag Cannon arm on there as I want to keep the dread with a dynamic pose.

2) Would people in general be OK with me using a Contemptor Dread as stand-in for a Fragioso if the weapons are represented properly? 

Thanks in advance!

G'day, mate. And welcome in the open :)

1. You might use a "real" frag cannon and modify it? Rounding corners, applying green stuff and adding rivets?

2. No problem with me. :) I find it cool. :tu:

Perhaps using magnets to have the ability to switch between weapons?

Greetings fellow battle brothers,

I have been lurking here quite a long time but hardly post anything. However today I got a new idea that I would like to get some feedback/advice on. I have been planning to add a Fragioso Dread to my army however I would like to use a Contemptor Dread as a base instead of a Furioso. 

So the question is: 

1) Anyone have any idea idea how to convert a frag cannon for a comtemptor dread? I don't really just want to stick a Frag Cannon arm on there as I want to keep the dread with a dynamic pose.

2) Would people in general be OK with me using a Contemptor Dread as stand-in for a Fragioso if the weapons are represented properly? 

Thanks in advance!

You've given me an idea!! I think its great.  I wouldnt see that anyone would have a problem with this . Sounds amazing.

If you have one of the assault cannon arms, or similar, for the Contemptor, you should be able to modify that with the bits off the Frag cannon arm to make it look right.  You'd lose the barrels off the assault cannon, replace with the four-piston, large caliber barrel from the frag, add the ammo belt, etc.

I think it would look sweet on the tabletop, and I wish I had the money to buy a Contemptor for that.  I'd start with the relic version if I were doing it, since Furiosos are the Venerable types of the chapter anyway.

I am in the process of making one

You got to post pictures when you are done! Or add some WIP pictures!

If you have one of the assault cannon arms, or similar, for the Contemptor, you should be able to modify that with the bits off the Frag cannon arm to make it look right.  You'd lose the barrels off the assault cannon, replace with the four-piston, large caliber barrel from the frag, add the ammo belt, etc.

I think it would look sweet on the tabletop, and I wish I had the money to buy a Contemptor for that.  I'd start with the relic version if I were doing it, since Furiosos are the Venerable types of the chapter anyway.

I think you are right! The assault cannon arm would be a good start. At first I was considering converting from an autocannon arm as that was what people did before the fragioso kit was released however the forgeworld autocannon arm looks a bit different. Adding the barrel and stuff from the frag cannon would be a better option. I also need a way to add a melta gun (The contemptor doesn't have any close-combat arms with a melta, right?) and magna grapple.

Right now I am working on a vindicator and after that a storm raven and a death company squad, however it's definitely on my list of things to do. Thanks for the feedback everyone! 

Archived