Stormraven conversion for my Deathwatch

To finish off my Deathwatch Army I have decided to add a Stormraven. I'm not really a big fan of the standard model so I have decided to do a bit of conversion work to make it more too my liking.

First of all I extended the passenger compartment back by 35mm using plasticard. I wanted it to look like it could hold at least 12 spacemarines and their kit.

Then I positioned the big air scoop at the back and slightly lower down, so that its a bit less prominent. I also reduced the size of the turret by ditching the servitor and opting for a more automated look, like a razorback turret.

I left the tail off and split the top tail-fin in two, attaching the separate sections to the engine cowlings (like the Stormeagle).

I thought perhaps folks might be interested in the unpainted conversion.

Overall I'm very pleased with how it came out.

gallery_61128_7829_52415.jpg

gallery_61128_7829_53977.jpg

gallery_61128_7829_35465.jpg

gallery_61128_7829_173004.jpg

gallery_61128_7829_152963.jpg

gallery_61128_7829_29795.jpg

gallery_61128_7829_148967.jpg

Without exaggeration, this is the best Stormraven conversion i've seen.

I was looking for a way to modify my own as i really do not like the look of the original kit (turret and tail specifically). The closest thing to what i wanted i saw in a photoshopped image from way back when the Stormraven was first released, but it had some  flaws that made it hard to construct in actual plastic. I will try and upload the picture for reference if i find it.

I might also try my hand on replicating your idea for my dark angels if i find time (and skill...) to do so.

Archived