New Model Syndrome and Ravenwing

MadMek83

Fellow brothers of the Lion, I've been bit busy lately therefor I haven't been much active here. I had fun game with my Ravenwing Army with small Deathwing detachment. Practically everything but terminators were first time in Game.: Sammael, 12 RW bikes (9 fully painted), Nephilim and 3 blackknights. With 7 DW Terminators. Making points around 1500. Style was relic so I thought I would have obvious advantage over my space wolves opponent.

It was fun game but I had massive new model syndrom: first 3 turns I threw 23 times 1's and 2. By beginning of 4th Turn I had 4 Terminators, 2 Black knights, Sammael with 1 wound and one biker left (who had relic) Most ironic is that all my plasma gunners in biker squads fried themselves in first two rounds O.o and my Nephilim got shot down by a plasma pistol... O.o (the bloody thing actually exploded)

Despite overwhelming casualties it was suprisingly tough. I lost with 2 victory points when last biker died and dropped relic and neither side got it. Still considering I had 1 terminator, Sammael and 1 black night left while mny opponent had 13 grey hunters (in two squads ), rhino and 3 long fangs. I still did pretty good. First blood, destroying rhino, drop pod, killing warlord really helped but I never had this massive new model syndrome before but then I never had this many new models in game though.

Was very fun but I made few observations: I need melta attack bikes one for each 6 man bike squad. I need 3 more Black knights. Azrael might be better way to unlock additional troopers and he can join squads. Still, Black knights are fearsome. They actually killed very first time that space wolves players Thunderwolf Cavalry. For almost 14 months that 3 TWC has been undefeated in local meta till they met Black Knights.

I have to say, Black Knights are currently my fave unit in the Dex, closely followed by DW termies.

Yup I actually see nothing in the new codex Tau and Eldar that won't bring to the same answer : "take RWBK"

Those can deal with almost everything : they are fast and ignore terrain, they have an outrageous cover save (with E5 and base svg at 3+), 4A of S5 rending, they lower E, with a S7 rerollable S7AP2 weapon... Even the eldar wraith knight has to fear those guys!

I' have 4 now (but I'm converting my v5 RW command squad this week) and plan to have 4 more.

I agree with the MMelta attack bikes.

Also, I have found that the additional +1 to any jink saves (and skilled rider) given by the Dark Shroud are very useful,   Give it a try with a proxy speeder.  At flat out that is a 2+ cover save on your Black Knights

Yep, Ravenwing Black Knights and cheap whirlwinds are must takes from C:DA IMO. They're very scary and everytime I play with them they seem to be my opponents "I must kill that unit" biggrin.png

Six men seems to be about optimum: you can fit in two grenade launchers for the special rounds and still have 4-8 twinlinked plasma shots. I experienced reverse new model syndrome with mine, when they blew away a Riptide in two turns of shooting. Having said that, the Riptide was also a new model ;-)

I'm looking forward to using them against Eldar in the near future...

Hehe! I had new model syndrome with the Dark Vengeance terminators, the first time I used them. 3 of them died in one round of shooting from......wait for it.....10 cultists! Yes, that's right, 10 cultists with S3 autoguns got past three 2+ armour saves in 1 turn!

You havent lived till you lose termies to grots....

They dont look like much but get 60 of them together......

THIS!

Although a couple of times it was when a Ork player Shokk attack gunned them INTO my termis armour.

DM

I'll tell you... Hopefully I play against Iyanden tonigh... yummy T5 wraithguards + plasma!

If you're unlucky: Enjoy your 3+ Termies and 4+ Marines :P

You havent lived till you lose termies to grots....

They dont look like much but get 60 of them together......

I heard something aline of this: except it was Eldar Guardians in 5th edition massacring khrone berserkers... and most of them in CC O.o

Archived