Sons of Horus, Part II

Vlemix

Hi,

I ripped up my old Pre heresy SoH army and have started from scratch. I just wasn't happy with the green, and how clean the paintjob was.

However I've started with renewed vigour and have come up with the below Praetor, slightly different to how I planned to have him.

Harkor Vlemix, WIP Sons of Horus Praetor.

I'm very interested in peoples feedback, so please leave comments. I have more in the pipeline and will update as and when I have something to show.

cheers!

Not bad, although I've never been a fan of metallic chipping straight over the base color. To that end, I recommend checking out AK Interactive. They have loads of good weathering stuff, and I would like to direct you specifically to their chipping color. Adds great depth to paint damage.

Beyond that! Wonderful skin tone on Vlemix. Also, mold line on the plasma pistol. Are looking at making these guys loyalist or traitors? 

Not bad, although I've never been a fan of metallic chipping straight over the base color. To that end, I recommend checking out AK Interactive. They have loads of good weathering stuff, and I would like to direct you specifically to their chipping color. Adds great depth to paint damage.

Beyond that! Wonderful skin tone on Vlemix. Also, mold line on the plasma pistol. Are looking at making these guys loyalist or traitors? 

thank you.

I know what you mean about the metallic chipping, I'm not sure of it either as when I think about the armour devoid of paint, I don't think of it as being straight up silver. Albeit it was my first attempt at chipping so i may go back and change it after I read that article.

it's funny how photos show up mold lines, I too only noticed it after I'd taken the photo.

and definitely traitors ;-)

Really good start! I like the use of black on the knee pads. The sea grey/green is also a very nice shade, there's been a few different variations posted on here lately including my own. Whereas I like the turquoise shade some are going for I much prefer a darker scheme such as yours. Care to share how it was achieved?  Whats your plans for the army? 

Would love to see more progress on this guy and the rest of his mates. I actually really like the natural looking chipping you've achieved here, with maybe a wash or some other weathering over the top it would maybe tone the shineyness of it down, if you know what I mean.

More please!

Archived